Karoake Night?

Two days passed since Jameson left them bruises around Jazmine's throat. She's been using make up to cover it up whenever she left the house. Although he did apologize, emotions were still running high between the both of them. This is the 3rd time he's put hands on her but the 1st time he's left a mark. Hopefully this is just some type of phase that he's going through and it'll pass soon.

Jazmine pulled up into the hair salon that she was currently working at. Her friend MaKenna was the owner and recently gave her a chair to do hair in. Her and MaKenna were friends back in high school. She was the only one she ever kept in touch with after their graduation.

Jazmine parked her car and headed inside the shop. She gave everyone quick greeting before making her way to the bathroom. When she got inside, she checked her appearance also making sure that the bruises were hidden. Satisfied with her look, she walked back out to the chair assigned to her.

"I can take whoever is next." She called out.

A young, brown skin woman came up to her with a smile on her face. Jazmine returned the kind gesture and waited for her to sit.

"Did you book an appointment or are you a walk in?" Jazmine asked the woman as she sat.

"Im a walk in. I wanted to do a feathered silk press with a side part."

"Oh girl you must got a date tonight or something?" Jazmine questioned trying to make small talk.

"Hm.. something like that." The woman responded.

Jazmine started prepping the woman for a wash and dry before doing the silk press. While working on the woman's head, she got a text from her boyfriend saying he won't be home tonight because he has "business to handle". She sighed at the message and just brushed it off. He's a lawyer, what business could he possibly be handling that he can't come home at all tonight? It wasn't a point in even asking for more details because it'll just lead to a huge argument and she really didn't feel like being in another altercation with him.

Jazmine finally finished washing and drying the woman's hair half a hour later. As she started to plug in the flat irons she needed for the hairstyle, she heard the front doors open. She looked up and in walked MaKenna.

"How are you late to your own shop Ken?" Jazmine asked.

"Because today was my day off but I couldn't stand being home with my sisters bad ass children any longer so here I am." MaKenna answered putting her purse down in her empty chair.

"When is she getting her own place?"

"She says she waiting on her taxes to come but you know how much she lies. She's not a burden, her kids are just so annoying!" MaKenna replied rolling her eyes.

Jazmine chuckled at her aggravation. "Do you have any plans tonight? Jameson isn't going to be home."

"Uh no. Are you asking me on a date?" MaKenna joked as she raised her eyebrows up and down with a smirk on her face.

"Ugh weirdo." Jazmine responded with a laugh. "Seriously though, It's karaoke night at Sapphire Lounge. We haven't been in forever!"

"I guess we can go. I miss hearing you sing anyways." MaKenna grinned.

Jazmine looked in her body mirror satisfied with her look. She wore a black solid ribbed knit halter neck body-con dress with red cut out design stiletto heeled sandals. She had in red square shaped cuff earrings and the custom made gold bracelet her boyfriend had gotten her a few months ago with her name engraved in it. She wore her hair in a half up, half down hairstyle with loose curls in it.

She waited in the living room for MaKenna to come over so they could leave. Knowing her friend, she got comfortable as she waited because that girl is NEVER on time. She sent her friend a message to let her know she was ready and to blow the horn whenever she arrives. She then decided to call her boyfriend to check up on him. She thought about face timing but decided it wasn't such a good idea because Jameson only liked her being home. He answered on the 4th ring.