A Emotional Day

Today was the day of the trial. Even though Jazmine didn't get in any trouble for wounding Jameson due to self defense, she was so angry inside that he didn't get in any trouble either. The only thing the judge offered her was a restraining order. Of course she took it but nothing about this case was handled legally. Jameson literally kidnapped her and tried to kill her. There should've been a charge put against him for his menacing actions but they did nothing. Even with the footage from the parking garage security camera, they did nothing. She already knew it had a lot to do with him being a lawyer himself. He knew a lot of other lawyers and judges and honestly, she should have seen this coming.

"Are you hungry baby?" Jameel asked Jazmine, taking his eyes off the road for a few seconds to glance at her.

Jazmine shook her head no while she continued to stare out the window with her arms folded across her chest.

"Look baby, I know today was unfair and I wish they would've locked him up and threw away the key, but you need to eat something.." Jameel took one hand off the steering wheel and placed it on her leg.

"Jameel.." She sighed and turned her head towards him. "The man who stalked me out of the club.. who held me hostage at gun point.. who forced me to his vehicle.. and made me play Russian roulette, gets to walk away free." Jazmine felt her throat getting dry as she tried to keep her emotions together. "He didn't even get a single charge... the last thing on my mind is eating."

Jameel frowned as he began to caress her thigh. True enough, it was wrong how he only got a slap on the wrist for what he did to Jazmine. Although she never said it, the whole situation traumatized her. Most nights while she's asleep, she would talk as if someone was torturing her. Occasionally, Jameel would her small sobs coming from her and a few tear drops running down the side of her face.

"I feel your pain baby. I hope he somehow reaps what he's sown." Jameel didn't really know what to say to help the situation.

They sat in silence for the remainder of the ride home. Finally making it to the parking lot outside of Jameel's apartment, the two sat there for a moment once he parked the car.

"I want to move." Jazmine spoke, breaking the silence.

"Where to?" Jameel questioned as he looked over at her.

"I want to go back to Philly. I don't think this city is for me anymore."

Jameel didn't know what to say. He didn't want to make the moment about him by asking her what that'll mean for them.

"I support what you want to do." He responded, sounding a bit dejected. "Can I ask why though?"

He knew the answer was clearly obvious. She was looking for a way out.

"Everything is crumbling now. I lost my best friend and possibly my job too, i'm gonna have to look over my shoulder every time I go out cause I know he's not going to leave me alone now especially after this. I need to escape this." Jazmine elucidated as she wiped away the tears that fell from her eyes.

"So when you go back to Philly, what are your plans? Are you gonna talk to your parents again?"

"I haven't even thought that far ahead." She admitted. "I don't know what to do."

Jazmine buried her face into her hands as she broke down in loud sobs. She had been holding back her emotions since the day it all happened to avoid the vulnerability. Jameel reached over and pulled her into him as he comforted her while she let all her built up emotions pour out.

After a few minutes, her loud cries slowly turned into sniffles as it died down. Jameel still had her in his embrace though, not planning to let go of her until she was fully okay.