|\Chapter 5/|

As the sun descended, painting the sky in hues of golden-indigo, Northkit found solace in the company of her littermate, Oddkit. The two shared a quiet moment as the first few stars of Silverpelt began to twinkle above them.

"I'm pretty sure that being confined to the nursery isn't all bad," Oddkit comforted Northkit, her voice gentle and reassuring. Northkit nodded, grateful for her sibling's support. "Maybe," she replied, shrugging off the lingering feeling of frustration.

Meanwhile, Shiveringstar, the leader of QuetzalClan, began gathering the cats chosen to attend the gathering at Boulder Hill. Some warriors were left behind to guard the camp, ensuring its safety in their absence. As the night deepened, more stars of Silverpelt emerged, illuminating the darkened forest with their ethereal glow.

The cats settled into their respective dens, their breaths soft and steady, filling the clearing with the gentle rhythm of slumber. The anticipation of the gathering and the mysteries it held hung in the air, blending with the peaceful ambiance of the sleeping Clan.

Under the watchful gaze of Silverpelt, the world of dreams enveloped the QuetzalClan cats, whisking them away to a realm where untold secrets and connections awaited. The night was still young, and the journey was just beginning.

 ***

          As the sun rose, casting a golden glow over the camp, Northkit sat in the moss bed, eagerly awaiting her share of a fresh kill. Lightwhisper approached with a blackbird, nudging it towards her. Her attention briefly shifted to her littermates, Sheepkit, Echokit, and Oddkit, playing with Whistlekit, Smokekit, and Hickorykit.

Echokit pounced on top of Hickorykit, pinning her down to the lush grass. Oddkit, seeing the opportunity, playfully pushed Echokit off Hickorykit. She quickly regained her footing and launched herself at Sheepkit, who had been unaware of Hickorykit's sneak attack. Sheepkit yowled as he was pinned down, but Echokit rushed to his aid, pushing the kit off his sibling.

The four kits stood side by side, Hickorykit with Oddkit and Sheepkit with Echokit. They faced each other, ready for a mock battle. None of them moved, their gazes fixed on their opponents. Northkit, watching them with curiosity, longed to join in the fun. 

The four kits circled each other cautiously, their paws leaving imprints on the ground. Sheepkit made the first move, leaping towards Oddkit's position. Swiftly, Oddkit crouched, dodging the attack. Sheepkit landed awkwardly, flicking his tail to signal Echokit. Echokit nodded, cautiously approaching Oddkit's back and launching himself. However, Oddkitkit had anticipated the move and leaped backward, causing her and Hickorykit to crash into each other.

"Thistles and Thorns!" Oddkit grumbled, wriggling free from underneath. "Great StarClan, you're heavy! Now get off me, you furball!" She took a few breaths to regain her composure.

"All right, all right!" Hickorykit quickly complied. Echokit and Sheepkit let out triumphant yowls, declaring their victory. Northkit muttered, "Why do they make it as easy as swallowing a minnow?"

The four kits made their way back to the nursery den, noticing the bustling activity in the camp. Northkit's gaze settled on her siblings. "Want some?" she offered, between mouthfuls of the blackbird. The three nodded eagerly, taking their share. Northkit praised their performance, "You did great in the showdown!"

"Thanks," Echokit replied, licking his muzzle. "Too bad you couldn't join us."

Northkit sighed, finishing her meal and cleaning her paw. "Can you teach me some of your moves?" she asked, sitting up with her tail held high.

"Yeah, but not here in the nursery while you're still confined," Sheepkit responded, crouching down and finishing the last of the bird, leaving only bones and fallen feathers.