|-|Chapter 19|-| SPECIAL

-Pictured on - August 21, Monday. (This is too late for a special-)

.

.

.

.

As the warm days of August gradually yielded to the cooler embrace of late summer evenings. QuetzalClan's cats felt the shift in the air as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting the forest into twilight. The whispers of leaves and the gentle rush of the river played a calming melody, setting the perfect stage for an event that had become a cherished tradition: Moonlit Poetry Night.

As the cats gathered near the Clan's sacred meeting place, the Silverstone Clearing, a soft hush fell over them. Bright stars began to appear in the darkening sky, and the moon cast a silvery glow that seemed to breathe life into the night. The anticipation grew as cats settled down on the mossy ground, their tails flicking excitedly.

In the heart of the gathering, a beautifully arranged display of colourful flowers and aromatic herbs lay beneath the ancient Whispering Oak, its branches reaching out like protective arms. This was where the poets would sit, surrounded by the delicate fragrances and the moon's ethereal radiance.

The apprentices were gathered near the side, chatting and playfully bantering as they awaited the start of Moonlit Poetry Night. Oddpaw, always the joker, was in her element, cracking jokes that had her peers in stitches.

"Then she said: 'Ya can't do that! The las be goin' to drown!'" Oddpaw delivered her punchline with a trim, prompting peals of laughter from the other apprentices.

"Alright, that was a good one," Wildpaw chuckled, nodding appreciatively at Oddpaw's humour. The other apprentices hooked in the laughter, and momentarily, the worries of clan life melted away.

Just then, Shiveringstar's commanding yowl cut through the merriment, drawing the attention of every cat to the centre. "Cats of QuetzalClan," she proclaimed, "we have gathered here for a once-in-four-seasons celebration, Moonlit Poetry Night!" The Clan flared in cheers, the energy in the air electrifying.

As the night unfolded, cats mingled, some partaking in the catnip batch, making them giddy, carefree, and somewhat drunk. Others shared their heartfelt poems, emotions laid bare in the soft moonlight. Amidst it all, Northpaw spotted Oddpaw, the Clan's resident ball of sunshine, expertly weaving comedy and poetry together, bringing smiles and laughter to their Moonlit Poetry Night.

Northpaw smiled softly, her gaze landing on her mum, Lightwhisper, conversing with Sleepingleaf and Cloudpuddle. The apprentice continued walking around camp, looking for an exciting thing to do, the night was still young and long. The fireflies lightened up the camp, with help from the ethereal glow from Silverpelt.

Her paws carried her past the warriors' den, where she caught snippets of conversations as cats settled in for the night. The elders' den emitted a warm glow, Ashthistle and Fallowtree were sharing stories of their past adventures and relishing in the comfort of their companionship stories to the young warriors and some of the apprentices.

The fresh scent of prey wafted from the fresh-kill pile, Northpaw's stomach rumbled, reminding her that it had been a while since she last ate. She then made her way to the pile and selected a plump mouse, savouring the taste as she swallowed under the moonlight.

After her meal, Northpaw headed to the edge of the camp, where the Clan's medicine cats, Sheeppaw and Midgeberry had set up a small area for star-gazing. The deputy, Tumblewing was seen resting in the grass, gazing up at Silverpelt. Goldenheron and Dovelake were also there.

Goldenheron and Tumblewing were pretty close to each other, their pelts almost brushing. Northpaw looked at Dovelake, who was silently supporting the scenery. The apprentice approached the white warrior.

"Hey, Dovelake!" She gleamed, her mouth being muffled with Dovelake's tail. Northpaw looked at her in confusion. "Shhh," Dovelake whispered, "They are official partners, isn't that thrilling!?" She whispered-yelled to her, and Northpaw was stunned.

"Wait for real? As in!?" She rumoured back, and Dovelake gave an excited nod. She grinned, gazing at Tumblewing and Goldenheron. "Well, can't disturb their peace, I'll see you sooner or later," Northpaw spoke, entering back to camp not before waving her a quick goodbye.

As the moon was at its highest peak, cats were still restless, roaming around, telling others their made poems, something, something. She looked around, the camp was alive and radiant.

"Hey, Northern!" The source of the voice was well-known. Northpaw turned around to see Hickorypaw, the apprentice who often uses the nickname 'northern' for Northpaw. "Shiveringstar said all the apprentices are going to have a hunting party, separated by three groups though..."

"Well, if that's the case, what party are you then?" Northpaw asked, tilting her head. Hickorypaw froze, unsure, before she spoke again, "Shiveringstar hadn't assigned the groups yet or so I heard." Northpaw sighed, "Well, there are nine of us apprentices and you said that we would be divided into three groups right? So for the record, I'm guessing that there are three apprentices per party, right or not? Besides if Shiveringstar really says 'All nine apprentices,' then wouldn't that--" 

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, I get it! No more talkin'," Hickorypaw yelled half, then groaned. "Sheeppaw is coming along, we both know your brother is a medicine cat app, but he can hunt. I have seen him training with Midgeberry to do a few hunting tricks behind the scenes... alright?"

...

"What?"