-|Chapter 14|-

===========================

Shiveringstar's voice rang out, commanding the attention of the Clan. "Cats of QuetzalClan," she began, her gaze sweeping over the crowd. "We gather here today to celebrate the next generation of apprentices who will carry our Clan's legacy forward. With their strength and determination, QuetzalClan will thrive for generations to come."

Echokit's moment had arrived, and Shiveringstar addressed him first. "Echokit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Echopaw. Your mentor will be Slowstride." The light-brown warrior stepped forward, touching noses with his eager apprentice.

Next, it was Northkit's turn. She listened intently as Shiveringstar called her name. "Northkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Northpaw." Her eyes widened with excitement as she locked gazes with her leader. "Your mentor will be Kestrelpelt. I trust that Kestrelpelt will pass down all his knowledge and skills to you."

The ceremony continued, and Shiveringstar turned her attention to Oddkit. "Oddkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Oddpaw. Your mentor will be Junipertail."

But the surprises didn't end there. Midgeberry, the Clan's wise and dedicated medicine cat, stepped forward with an announcement. "After careful consideration, I have chosen Sheepkit to be my apprentice," she declared, her voice filled with pride. "Sheepkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Sheeppaw. Your mentor will be Midgeberry."

Sheeppaw's eyes widened with a mixture of anticipation and admiration. The Clan erupted into chants of their names, celebrating the newly appointed apprentices. As the ceremony concluded, they returned to their Clan duties, now proud members of a group that boasted nine apprentices.

Heading over to their mother, Lightwhisper, who beamed with pride, Northpaw sensed a tinge of worry in her warm eyes. Lightwhisper looked at Sheeppaw, concern etching her features. "Are you sure about being a medicine cat apprentice, my dear? It is a path that requires great dedication and responsibility."

Sheeppaw approached his mother, giving her an affectionate lick. "Don't worry, Mom. This is my calling, my destiny, and I am proud to fulfill it." His words carried conviction and reassurance.

Lightwhisper nodded slowly, a mix of emotions flickering across her face. "Very well. Tomorrow, your training begins. Rest up now, my brave one." With those words, she rose to her paws. "And I will return to my warrior duties as well, supporting you and your siblings every step of the way."

As they bid their mother farewell for the night, Northpaw felt a surge of excitement and determination. The path of an apprentice stretched before her, filled with challenges and growth. Alongside her littermates, she knew they would face whatever lay ahead, united in their shared journey of becoming true warriors of QuetzalClan.

The fresh scents covered Northpaw's nose as she walked alongside her mentor, Kestrelpelt. "What can you smell?" He asked, the apprentice opened her mouth to taste the air. She caught a scent, "Fox scent, a stale one luckily, five or six days maybe." Kestrelpelt nodded approvingly, "Let's take a tour 'round the territory."