/-Chapter 11-\

YAY! THANK YOU, GUYS, FOR 200+ READS!
LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOUR SUPPORTS OF MY BOOK
I'm going to try and update more, no promises though :D
=======================================================

"Sheepkit! Oddkit? Echokit!" Northkit cried out, her voice echoing through the foggy air. She strained her eyes, desperately searching for any sign of her siblings, but there was nothing—no trace, no response. She continued to call out, her voice growing hoarse with every yell.

Amidst her worried cries, Northkit's stomach let out a small rumble, reminding her of her hunger. She glanced back at the dwindling fresh-kill pile, where a White-tailed Ptarmigan, a plump mouse, and a snow hare lay, tempting her with their delicious scents. Without hesitation, she snatched the mouse and devoured it ravenously, easing her hunger with each gulp. Licking her muzzle, she surveyed her surroundings, and to her surprise, a faint blue light flickered in the distance, piercing through the thick, humid fog.

Driven by curiosity and a glimmer of hope, Northkit followed the ethereal glow, dragging her paws through the part of camp she had seen it. But as she blinked, the light vanished, leaving her once again surrounded by an impenetrable mist. Undeterred, she pressed forward blindly, relying solely on her instincts and determination.

Time seemed to blur as she continued her solitary journey. Step after step, she traversed the camp, unsure of her exact location. All she knew was to keep moving forward. However, her momentum was abruptly halted as she collided with a solid presence, stumbling backward with an "Oof!"

Looking up, Northkit found herself face-to-face with Dovepaw, the oldest apprentice in the Clan. Relief flooded her as she recognized the familiar white fur. "Hi, Northkit," Dovepaw greeted her with a warm smile, to which Northkit responded with a radiant smile of her own, her tail flicking with joy.

"Have you seen my siblings?" Northkit asked, her concern evident in her expression. "We were supposed to go look for Mom, but we got separated."

Dovepaw paused, recalling the sight she had witnessed. "Well, I did see them heading south, in that direction," she replied, flicking her tail toward the spot where she had last spotted Northkit's siblings. Grateful for the information, Northkit quickly thanked Dovepaw and set off, her paws carrying her with renewed urgency.

Backtracking her steps, she headed south, determined to find her missing siblings. However, uncertainty gnawed at her. She couldn't help but wonder where exactly she was in the vast expanse of the camp and how far she had yet to go to reunite with her siblings.

As Sunhigh approached, the fog gradually started to dissipate, revealing clearer surroundings for which Northkit was grateful. The familiar path of light appeared once again, but this time, it had shifted to the north and changed its hue from blue to red. Noticing the alteration, Northkit observed the new direction and adjusted her course accordingly, not bothered by the change in colour.

As she neared the spot where the light had vanished before, she felt a renewed sense of determination. Her paws ached from hours of relentless walking, desperately searching for Lightwhisper and her siblings since dawn. But now was not the time to rest. Northkit pushed through the discomfort, dragging her tired paws onward toward her destination.

Suddenly, she heard familiar voices drifting through the air. "Well, we have to find Northkit now!" It was Oddkit, her tone more irritated than ever.

"Don't look at me!" Sheepkit's voice chimed in, his sheepish nature shining through. "Look at him!"

Northkit, eavesdropping on their conversation, approached slowly, concealed by the lingering fog. She strained to listen as their argument escalated, their words flying back and forth too rapidly for her to fully comprehend. All she could do was rely on her acute hearing at that moment.

"At least I'm not sheepish like you!"

"Well, you made us lost!"

"And you agreed to it!"

"You take that back!"

The storm of their voices ravaged her mind, becoming overwhelming. Northkit covered her ears, feeling the intensity of their argument increase as the fog cleared beneath her paws, revealing the trio still locked in dispute.

Realizing that it would be a challenging task to bring them together, Northkit took a deep breath, steeling herself for what lay ahead. It was clear that it would take time and patience to resolve their conflicts and reunite as a family. But she was determined to do whatever it took to mend their bonds and find a way forward.

With a determined expression, Northkit stepped forward, ready to face the long day that awaited them.

=========================

Published: May 4, 2023
Last Edited: July 11, 2023