\-\Chapter 16/-/

Northpaw and Echopaw are already feeling more profitable in the next following days. 

   Currently, Northpaw was tending some ticks of the elder Fallowtree with mouse bile that Sheepaw supplied to her with that sunrise. Then, Hickorypaw came in. She brought fresh kill and lowered it in front of Ashthistle and Fallowtree.

"Hi Hickorypaw," She greeted warmly to the blue-gray apprentice. "Hello," Hickorypaw welcomed back, "already been given duty? After you've just recovered? That's deeming." She mewed earnestly, she was in a sour mood today at least. 

"Well, it's alright I guess." Northpaw shrugged, continuing to put mouse malice on the ticks. Hickorypaw sighed solemnly, "Shiveringstar told me that Echopaw and Sheeppaw will go to the assemblage, I couldn't locate Echopaw here so I was supposed about sending the note to ya."

Northpaw's ears perked up as she leaned her head, "Did Shiveringstar say I could go too? What about Oddpaw?" She asked as she wanted to go to the assemblage as well. "Nope, sorry, only your brothers get to go. Bad luck goes there." Hickorypaw shrugged, "But hey, my two brothers also get to go but not me, so yeah, see ya later~." Then she ducked out of the den. 

Northpaw sighed, very fortunate for her brothers they get to go. "All accomplished here, Ashthistle do you need ticks off?" She mewed, the black and gray tom shook his head and relaxed his head on his forepaws.

She flicked her tail farewell then ducked out of the den, going out of the camp to go to a nearby creek to wash her mouse-billed paws. 

Her ears perked up at the sound of scuffling in a nearby bush, then she scented the prey of a mouse. However, the first day of training quickly led her to the medication den and has not gained any hunting methods nor any combat skills yet from her mentor. 

Well, she could try using what Dovelake had taught her many moons ago, the bad thing is that she had forgotten most of it. Northpaw could try, but it'll be pure luck if she could catch the mouse.

She crouched down, and insights in caution, also making mindful to not set any additional weight down to her paws. Opening her mouth as she sniffed the air, Northpaw was a twig-length tight. 

The apprentice crept to the mouse carefully, once the prey is in sight she pounced. Unfortunately missing the mouse as it got away from her sight, hiding in a small crack under a tree.

"Medicines' heals I almost had it!" Northpaw cursed out, copying the words 'medicines' heals' as she heard it from Sheeppaw when he accidently makes a mistake or two.

Guessing she would turn back to camp empty-pawed, she met with Smokepaw and Hickorypaw. They were tasked to go out hunting as they were told by their mentors.

Northpaw chatted with them for a minute then headed back to camp, Kestrelpelt, her mentor said they would continue training at early dawn. That wouldnt be a problem waking up that early for an early bird like Northpaw herself.

The sun was setting so the gathering would start a bit later, not for Shiveringstar as she called the felines for the gathering. Among them was her brothers, Sheeppaw and Echopaw. Hickorypaw's brothers were also there, Whistlepaw and Smokepaw. Their mentors were also present among the crowd.

"Huh, the apprentices Shiveringstar chose were all boys, wonder whats going on." The exprentionless voice made Northpaw jump, she turned around to meet with Hickorypaw. "Oh it's just you," she sighed.

Hickorypaw chuckled a 'mrrow', "What~? Did you think I was some cat else~?" She flirted jokingly, Northpaw felt her fur flush hot. "Your embarrasing me alright!" She pouted, as Hickorypaw laughed another 'mrrow.'

"Oooh~ Northpaw you got something for me?" Hickorypaw snickered, as Northpaw got flustered from embarrasement.

Oddpaw was watching from the apprentice den with a mischiveous but supportive look.
While Wildpaw is looking in a confused state. He is the only tom apprentice left behind.

"Yeah I still have training tomorrow alright?" Northpaw mewed dismissively, as Hickorypaw followed beside her to the apprentice den.

Oddpaw giggled at Northpaw, "What?" Northpaw asked as her sister gave her a knowing smug look.

"Let's just sleep.." Northpaw mewed, resting in her nest as she finds a comforting position to sleep in. Closing her eyes, she let the void let her rest.