CHAPTER TWO: "Court Crashing"

"Why?! Why did you do that?!" your gills lower at your owner's yells. You had no way of escaping now, especially since you were in a cage. You refuse to talk. You didn't know what to do. You were scared. You were upset. You were angry. All you wanted was freedom. You had freedom. But that freedom was snatched from you soon after you got it. You just hoped Sans and Papyrus would rescue you soon, or you figure out how to rescue yourself. But, you couldn't bear to harm a human, let alone your shitty owner. So how else were you supposed to get freedom?
     Your thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Your owner glares at you, but goes to open it anyways. It was your neighbor. 
     "I heard yelling. Is everything alright?" the human neighbor was around 5'5 or so. She has an olive skin tone, green eyes, and her hair was half pink and half blonde. Her hair was in braids, and she wore a white t-shirt with black leggings and white platform boots. She looked awesome in your opinion. Her hybrid was a she-wolf. She was mostly human, so she had ears, tail, paws, fur on the lower half of her arms and legs, as well as on her back, and you can't forget about the wolf nose and the eyes. She was a beautiful white colour with icy blue eyes. 
     "O- oh... well... you see-" you block out your owner talking and see the she-wolf walk over to you. 
     "You got in trouble for seeing monsters?" she asks. You simply nod. The she-wolf then sighs.
     "My owner doesn't care if I hang out with monsters, but she has to act like she cares. It is a stupid rule, but I'm sure it'll end someday." you exhale. You thought she was gonna scold you for chatting and attempting to live with monsters, but you're glad she's on your side.
     "I was trying to escape my torture here, but unfortunately I have to get put through worse." the she-wolf closes her eyes, leaning her head against the cage. You had a feeling you knew what she was going to ask.
     "The main reasons are that I'm not allowed to drink water hourly like I'm supposed to since it's a 'waste of water'. And the other one is that he pays no attention to my allergies. I'm allergic to seafood, and he keeps feeding that stuff to me. I've been skipping breakfast and dinner for two months now so I don't have to go through an allergic reaction." the she-wolf stares at you, sadness showing in her eyes.
     "I'm so sorry you have to go through that! Nobody deserves that!" the she-wolf looked so worried about you. You look downwards in sadness.
     "I also have allergies. My owner feeds me peanut butter once a day, but I'm allergic to nuts." the she-wolf sighs. "I haven't gained the courage to tell her I have allergies to nuts." You pat the she-wolf on the head through the bars of your cage.
     "We're heading out to buy some things. Snowflake, keep an eye on (Y/N) to make sure (y/p) doesn't escape." Your owner glares at you before the two owners leave.
     "Don't worry. I'll get you your freedom. We can help each other get freedom. We will change the law abouts this issue, I'm sure we will." Snowflake, the she-wolf, says, opening your cage with her claws. You exit the small cage, and stretch. It feels so good to be out after at least twelve hours.
     "Come on. I know a shortcut to Undyne and Alphys' house that isn't know by humans." Snowflake climbs out the back window of the apartment. You follow, making sure to be super careful.
     The shortcut you were following was a water route, which was perfect since you were an axolotl. But did Snowflake care about getting wet? You didn't know. You were the faster swimmer, but you tried your best to stay behind Snowflake so you wouldn't get lost. Once you emerged from the water, you were greeted by a mediocre sized blue house. Snowflake knocks on the back door. A blue fish lady with red hair and a scar over her left eye opens the door for us.
     "Snowflake? What're you doing here?" the fish lady asks. Once she looks at you, she gets excited.
     "HELL YEAH! A NEW FISH FRIEND! What's your name?! I'm Undyne!" she looks you dead in the eyes, eagerly awaiting a response.
     "I- I'm (Y/N)." You respond nervously. Undyne grins. 
     "Hey Alph! We've got a new friend!" you flinch at Undyne being loud. It reminds you of all the times you were yelled at, and you didn't like that. 
     "O- oh! H- h- hiya! I'm A- Alphys!" a yellow  pangolin pokes her head into the room. She was wearing a white shirt, black and grey plaid skirt, white thigh high socks, and a pink hoodie.
     "Do you know if Sans and Papyrus are alright! I hope I didn't cause them trouble when I got caught after running away the first time!" you say quickly, worried about the skeleton brothers.
     "I haven't actually heard from them since yesterday." Undyne scratches her head anxiously.
     "S- same h-here." Alphys has a worried expression on her face. Undyne pulls out her phone to text Papyrus, but her expression changes before she could.
     "What is it?!" you yell, rushing over to see Undyne's phone. She shows you the text from Papyrus.
     'HEY UNDYNE, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, SANS AND I ARE PROBABLY AT COURT RIGHT NOW FOR 'KIDNAPPING A HYBRID' EVEN THOUGH WE RESCUED (Y/N) FROM (y/p) TERRIBLE OWNER.  WE WILL HOPEFULLY BE BACK SOON. TORIEL, ASGORE, AND METTATON ARE DEFENDING US, SO HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET BACK TO YOU GUYS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF NOT, RESCUE US FROM PRISON IF WE END UP THERE.'
     You were enraged now. Why are humans like this? Why do they hate monsters when they did nothing wrong? You walk over to the door.
     "(Y/N)? Where are you going?" Snowflake turns to look at you. A hateful expression is on your face. You had enough of the humans shenanigans. If they won't treat others kindly, they shouldn't even exist at all. 
     "(Y/N)?" Snowflake asks again. You grin. "It's time to crash a court." The three look at you. They didn't seem so sure about that.
     "But (Y/N), we could go to jail for that." Undyne tells you, putting a hand on your shoulder. You brush it off without hesitation. You were going to save Sans and Papyrus. You NEEDED to save Sans and Papyrus. They were your first true friends who weren't human at all. Hybrids didn't count. 
     "Sans and Papyrus were my first true friends who weren't human at all. Hybrids don't count in this. I need to rescue them. I don't care if I go to jail or get thrown into a cage again or whatever. I'm GOING to rescue my friends." you begin to walk out the door, your tail thrashing behind you. Snowflake, Undyne, and Alphys look at each other worriedly, but they follow your lead. You were a different person now. You didn't know if that was good or bad. But that didn't matter. What mattered is that you were saving those who cared for you. So you and your friends head to the court building to save your first true friends.
     You, Snowflake, Undyne and Alphys climb up to the roof of the building where the courtroom is. You peer through a window nearby, making sure you aren't seen, and seeing if you can find Sans and Papyrus, and whoever else was in the courtroom that are defending the skeletons. Surely enough, you spot the small skeleton first. Sans. You think. Somehow you already had a crush on him even though you met him last night. But now wasn't the time to think about crushes, it was time to break into the courtroom and rescue the skeleton brothers from potentially going to prison, which you didn't want to happen to them.
     "Is everyone ready?" you ask, looking back at your friends. They all nod nervously, clearly not wanting to do this. Undyne looked like the type to do something like this. After all, Alphys did say Undyne got two human souls to the king. The most any one monster has done. Frisk, the human that had rescued the monsters from the underground, had joined us since they viewed Sans as a father to them.
     Undyne and Frisk were going to pull you and Snowflake back up with ropes once you grabbed onto the skeletons. You were going to pull Sans out of there, while Snowflake was going to pull Papyrus out of there. And Alphys was there to watch the sides of the building in case anyone tried to get up to stop us from committing crimes.
     'Are you sure this is a good idea? We might go to jail, and all three of my parents will be upset at that.' Frisk signs to you. Good thing you know sign language, otherwise you'd have to ask either Alphys or Undyne to translate. Snowflake doesn't know sign language, so you and Frisk will teach her at some point.
     "It's not a good idea. Buuuut I don't wanna lose the skele-bros. I'm doing the best I can to help them in exchange for them helping me last night." tell Frisk, with your mouth half full of romaine lettuce that you stole from Sans and Papyrus' house since Undyne broke in for you to get the lettuce so you weren't as hungry before the rescue that was illegal. You finish the last piece of the lettuce, and tie the rope around yourself. Snowflake ties her rope around herself.
     "Let's begin mission rescue the skeletons." you grin happily. You quietly break open the window, which wasn't hard to do because of how loud it was in there. You let Frisk lower you down until you were just low enough to grab Sans' arms. Frisk watches for the right time to pull you up. They see that you've got your arms wrapped around Sans', so they pull the two of you up. Undyne does the same with Snowflake and Papyrus. The courtroom notices, and the police are called on us.
     "WHERE ARE WE GOING TO HIDE?" Papyrus looks down at you, scared of being captured by the police again. You take a deep breath.
     "I'm going to face the police myself. You guys hide at Silver's place."