CHAPTER FIVE: "The Spirits and AUs"

You've been sitting with your foot stuck in the rock for an hour now. You've been counting since your foot had gotten stuck. You just had to continue waiting. But how long would you be waiting for one of your friends to help you? A small deer-like creature with trees on its antlers, and an odd looking face trots your way. It must think I'm a monster. That's half true I suppose. 
     The deer looks at you, it's black eyes showing trust. I wonder if anything happened to its parents, or if it just found me and trusted me the moment it saw me. The deer tries to guide you to the hole your friends climbed into, but you point to your foot. The deer thing looks around to see if it could find anything that could help you do it yourself. Once it found nothing, it pushes the rock away with its antlers just enough so you could get your foot free. Together, you continue to make your journey up the mountain, and to waterfall. It took you an hour to get there, but you finally did it. You crouch down to pet the deer creature on the head.
     "Do you want to come with me?" it seems as if the deer was waiting for you to say that. It gallops in circles around you, and you get a message that says, 'Gyftrot has joined your party.'
     "Gyftrot, hm? That's a nice name." you smile, petting your new companion on the head once again. You jump down the hole and into the water, Gyftrot following not far behind.
     After you came up out of the water, Gyftrot was sitting there, waiting for you. It happily bounds towards you when it sees you're alright. You can hear voices from nearby. You couldn't tell who they were until you heard, "i think we should look for (Y/N)." you recognized that voice. Sans! You hurry towards where you heard your friends, but they weren't there. Maybe they were the other direction? You turn around again. Which other direction? There were loads of other directions! Gyftrot nudges your leg.
     "Whatcha need, Gyf?" you ask, looking down at the deer. Gyftrot bounds ahead, stopping to look to see if you're following. You decide to follow, trusting the deer since you assume it knows where it's going. It brings you to a yellow star. Can it see the star? Has it seen someone else use the star if it can't see it? You question, putting your hand out to touch it.
     "Knowing the mouse might one day extract the cheese from the mythical crystal, it fills you with DETERMINATION." you look around for who said that. The only one around is Gyftrot, and it can't talk. So who said that? Was it your imagination? It sounded like an actual person, so it couldn't have been your imagination, right?
     "I'm not your imagination." the voice says again. It sounded like a little girl. Where is she? Is she hurt? Someone comes into view. She's like... a ghost? Napstablook is a ghost. The girl is a... spirit?
     "I'm Perseverance. I- I don't really remember my name before my death." she gives a nervous smile. "B- but I'll help you out the b- best I can so you can find your friends!" Perseverance had long blonde hair put into a ponytail, with the ends dyed blue. She wore a school uniform, round purple glasses, and held a book about survival in the wild or something like that.
     "Alright. Do you know the way to Snowdin?" Perseverance shakes her head. 
     "I've been stuck in waterfall as a spirit for so long, so I don't remember. I'm sorry." you nod, understanding what she's talking about, but personally not understanding it. Where were your friends though? They should be here by now, right? There was no one around except Gyftrot and Perseverance.
     "I'm sure we can find our way out together. Waterfall may be the second biggest place in the underground, but it's not impossible." Perseverance lands besides you. She was a tad bit taller than you, which you didn't expect. 
     "I do think Snowdin is towards the south I'm pretty sure, so behind us. The sun sets in the west, and I've heard the royal guards say that the king has seen the sunset many times from the barrier." you didn't know directions very well. You couldn't even tell the difference between left and right most of the time. Voices could now be heard. It sounded like Undyne, but it sounded like she was muttering to herself. Wasn't that an Alphys thing? She finally comes into view in a lab coat?
     "What the hell are you?!" Undyne yells at you. You flinch at the yelling. She didn't seem to recognize you. Sans and Alphys had talked about the 'AUs' theory once before, but could that theory be true.
     "Undyne, don't you remember me? It's me, (Y/N)." you say calmly, not wanting to get attacked by your friend who doesn't seem to recognize you. Undyne didn't seem to wanna attack. It seemed like she was more frightened instead.
      "I don't know anyone who goes by the name (Y/N). And I've never seen anything like you before." Undyne begins jotting stuff down. "Come. I wanna run some tests on you to see what you are." Gyftrot pushes you forwards, forcing you to follow Undyne. Maybe she knew the way back to your friends.
---------------------------

    I'm so sorry about not updating! I was busy, and then completely forgot about the book! I plan on updating every month, and if there are any delays, I'll announce them on my profile! 
- Eclipse