Acknowledgements

Thank you so much to everyone who read this book!

RoseBlood started out as a random idea for a crime book in mid-2020, one of the first proper novels I ever worked on and started writing publicly, and since then, it has evolved into a series that has ten sequel ideas already, as well as a film project for Summer 2024. It took three years to develop Holly Cassia and the Cassia Cases, and it's been amazing getting to write about my character coming to life through a tragic event that she managed to come to terms with even though it was so personal and twisted.

I wouldn't have been able to carry out my idea or have faith in it without my readers from Wattpad, Inkitt, BookNet and Quotev. Since October 2021, when I first started writing this book, I have received over seven thousand reads from over two thousand readers to date on Quotev, as well as one hundred and fifty-three readers on Quotev adding it to their libraries. I've loved reading the comments and opinions on what the characters are going to do next, and I want to thank everyone for the encouraging comments on my writing skills and on RoseBlood. They've really helped me through the process of writing all of this, especially when I had moments doubting the storyline. They mean so much.

On Inkitt, RoseBlood has received almost three thousand reads with an amazing binge rate and a lovely review from a reader. If you are reading this on Inkitt, please leave a review! It's great to read what you thought of the story, and I would love to hear any suggestions and what you would like to see Holly detect next.

On BookNet, over four and a half thousand people have read RoseBlood, and eighty-seven readers have added it to their libraries. And on Wattpad, I have gotten over six hundred reads, two hundred and fifty-two votes, and some great guesses and comments from my readers too.

These are unbelievable amounts of readers and words of encouragement, and I'm so thankful for every one. Thank you also for taking the time to read RoseBlood and getting immersed in the story. I hope it inspires you to read more, or maybe even write your own.

I can't wait to finalise my storyline for the first proper Cassia Case that Holly takes, and to present this Introduction to the Cassia Cases to publishers. Would you like a sneak peek of what's in the works for Holly Cassia's next case; a missing person hidden in the mysterious, private Willow Wood?

As soon as I've finished its prologue, I'll add it to this book as a teaser. If you want to read more of the Cassia Cases, make sure to follow me where you're reading, and look out for announcements of the sequel's progress and ongoing online publishing release date.

I want to thank Graham Bartlett in advance, an author and crime fiction advisor, for agreeing to look over this book as I go over my final edit for the chapters, ensuring everything is as accurate as possible from an experienced, knowledgeable crime writer. I also want to thank The Real Writer's Circle, a group I have had the honour of joining and reading the first chapter of RoseBlood to its audience. From them, I have made amazing contacts in publishing and other crime writers. Inspiration is everywhere, and I can't get enough of it.

"The connection between pathological obsessive love and violence is the most disastrous and consequential side of love addiction. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation crime reports, in 2011, over 10% of murders in the United States were committed by the victim's lover (FBI 2011)."