Prologue

A blonde woman was walking down the street in Beacon Hills California at night, talking on the phone, "Yes, I'm in Beacon Hills...I have a feeling...I don't know the feeling. It's like I need to be here for a reason...no I don't think it's because of a witch...I think I would know by now if it was a witch!...wait," the woman pauses and breathes in. The woman smelled smoke, "I smell smoke," she said out loud, she saw a brunette haired woman running away, the blonde would've gone after, but she needed to stay, something was telling her to stay. "What?" she said into the phone. "You think it's my wolf?" she didn't hear an answer because she was distracted by a small head of black hair struggling to carry a young toddler, "Give me a second," she said into the phone as the black haired child she now identified as a little girl looked around, eyes flashing amber rapidly as she panicked before they connected with hers.

"Nikki!" she hears from her phone.

"Didn't you say the Hale pack lived here?"

"Yeah lives there, why?"

"I think it's more lived now," the woman corrected.

"What?!" the voice said.

"Kai, I'm going to call you back," the woman said hanging up the phone as the little girl was now trying to carry a baby to her. The woman hurried over before the toddler could drop the baby. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" she asked the toddler.

"F-fire, my p-family," the toddler sobbed.

"May I hold the baby, I worry you'll drop her," the woman asked. The toddler looked up at her, the toddler's eyes still flashing gold, and nodded. "Now, little pup, I want you to try to control your breathing, your eyes are flashing," the toddler panicked some more after the woman spoke, making the woman add quickly, but calmly, "You are safe with me," unknowingly flashing gold eyes back.

"Y-you're a wolf?" the toddler asked.

The woman looked confused, "Well, not your kind, I believe. You are able to half shift aren't you?"

The toddler nodded, "Mommy always told us the story between the two types of werewolves," she said, slowly relaxing.

The woman raised an eyebrow, shifting her hold on the baby who started squirming, "Oh, I don't believe I've heard that story," she said.

"It started about a thousand years ago with a werewolf named Fenrir who got attacked by a witch his brother Ansel was forced to sleep with—whatever that means—and Ansel had wanted to see his child and would do what he had to, so the witch experimented on Fenrir and created the Type-B wolves. Fenrir's line was finished, but there's a rumor Ansel's daughter is to be the Original Tribrid, but we could never find her, there was an Original Hybrid, but he's got his wolf half locked," the toddler ended with a pout. Her mother had been too stubborn to approach another Original and ask.

The woman grumbled, "Of course it was that bitch," under her breath, but the toddler heard and looked up, "What?" she asked the woman.

"Well, little pup, I've always wanted to know what my real last name was. Good and bad thing about my name, everybody assumes I'm a man. Good thing about being sneaky, nobody but a few know I'm actually currently a Heretic," the woman said. The toddler's eyes widen as she looked at up the woman who had been at her level the whole time they talked. The woman had moved them away when police and fire trucks passed by, not wanting the toddler to be overwhelmed again.

"You're her?" the toddler asked in awe.

"What is your name?" the woman asked instead, "And her's?" she added, looking down at the baby she held.

"I'm Cora, that's my cousin Malia, she's a werecoyote. Our uncle Peter got us out. He said he had a bad feeling, but no one listened to him," the toddler, Cora, said.

"Well Cora, my name is Niklaus Mikaelson, but I think you would know me as Klaus Mikaelson or now Niklaus Anseldottir," Nik said with a calm smile.