Chapter Seven

Peter knew he was being eyed by Nik from the moment he sat back up as an Alpha. He had to go rest again after his upgrade and soon found his wolf had reached out and made the four Mikaelson siblings part of his pack, along with Marcel and Lucy and they had all just accepted it. When Nik had explained it to him and saw his confused look, "Love, you forget my siblings have me for a sister and know I have abandonment issues and was touch starved. They knew once I was away from Mikael that I was more of a dominant figure so they assumed my wolf was possibly an Alpha. When I told Finn and Freya about my father from what Cora told me, they are sure I'm an Alpha too, I just can't make the bonds like you did in your sleep. Derek said what it was that we were feeling and accepted it. Congratulations, love, you're officially a Mikaelson," Nik explained, finishing with a grin.

"Goody," Peter replied semi-sarcastically with a cough and gave them a grin. "Imma still bite this Rebekah and Elijah."

"I'll help," Derek and Cora said.

Nik smiled at them and looked at her older brother, "Are Damon and Enzo coming?"

"Yeah, they were stalking Stefan in New York, it'll be a few days," Finn answered.

"I know they don't like being on a plane, but it would save them time," Freya said.

"They don't like being in confined spaces after being stuck in those cages—especially Enzo," Nik answered.

"Enzo was there longer?" Derek asked.

"Yes, but he's more watchful over Damon and will pretend it doesn't bug him so Damon calms until Enzo's panicking on a crowded airplane full of living bloodbags," Nik bluntly said and the others winced thinking of that situation.

"Yeah, that would be bad," Derek decided.

Peter sleepily blinked and looked at Nik who was already looking back at him, "Okay, the new Alpha needs to sleep and hopefully can finish healing," Nik paused at Peter's perfectly timed cough, "Then we can continue tomorrow, such as getting some items you may need before moving again," she said to everyone, mainly to the three older Hales who all nod. Malia had already fallen asleep in Kol's arms.

Nik picked up Cora and Peter sleepily followed. Cora watched Peter from her spot resting her head on Nik's shoulder. "Goodnight Alpha," she mumbled with a flicker of her eyes.

"Goodnight Pup," Peter grunted back.

"Goodnight Alpha Luna," Cora mumbled.

"Goodnight little Pup," Nik spoke back as she tucked her in. When Nik and Peter left, Cora had one last thought, 'Goodnight Mommy. Goodnight Daddy.'

"We're adopting Cora," Nik decided as soon as they left Derek to go bed. To their surprise, he had gone back to talking to Lucy after his talk with Marcel. They had caught the two talking before they went to bed after the day that seemed to pass within minutes since the author briefly forgot they just woke up it just a very tiring day for the characters even though they didn't do much.

Late at night, the sudden disappearance of Peter's head that really likes Nik's chest woke her up. She startled awake when Peter quickly got up from the bed and ran off with Nik following close behind. They got to the back of the house Nik "rented" and Peter fell to his knees with a loud roar. Behind her she saw the lights in the rooms Derek and Cora were in immediately come on before the others. She knew her brothers were awake, likely being awoken when they ran out of the house. Everyone migrated outside and watched as Peter's body shifted around and grew until a giant black wolf with sharp claws and strong muscles stood there and turned around with a huff as his glowing red eyes studied everyone, stopping on Nik.

"He fully shifts?" Cora asked her brother.

"Apparently," Derek said, his voice portraying his surprise.

Derek moved forward with Cora and partially shifted, bowing his head to his alpha. Cora did the same and both waited as Peter sniffed them, still adjusting to the new senses he suddenly had.

"Being Malia forward," Nik said.

Kol and Kai looked back at her cautiously. "He's got pack bonds with all of you," Nik told the two, "He just wants to make sure his biological family is around."

Kol stepped with Malia who flashed her eyes at the alpha and reached with a giggle to pat his head. Kol, thinking about some of his interactions with Nik flashed his vampire eyes at Peter and gave him a slight nod. Peter huffed, sniffing him before looking over at Kai who had slowly moved over doing the same actions.

"We do the same with Nik when she panics," Finn whispered to Freya. "We had found out it was wolf behavior as a way to help someone calm down and since she still had werewolf attributes, we did it with her with our vampire eyes," Kol added as Finn did it to Peter. Marcel followed and was surprised as he got a sniff like the other Hale.

"Aw, he knows Marcel is his future stepson," Kai gushed. Nik smiled widely at the thought.

Freya and Lucy both stepped forward and greeted Peter with a slight bow. Freya knew from interacting with Nik to show them respect and they'll show it back, so she bowed in respect. Lucy knew from her learnings to be respectful to an Alpha for they will likely be the more tempermental one as Lucy found out when Nik interacted with her other siblings that wouldn't give her an ounce of respect. It was the Alpha in Nik's genes that made her act out like, plus her upbringing, plus her vampire genes. Lucy knew right now it was the same with Peter as he was a new Alpha and possibly newly fully shifted.

The others migrated back in but Nik stayed out with Peter who was exploring the nearby woods. Soon he was lying in front of her, "I can't wait until I can run with you in the woods as a wolf," she said quietly.

Peter rested his giant head on a sitting Nik's lap. She reached up and stroked the fur on his head. She paused after a moment, "Are you purring?" she quietly asked hearing a rumbly sound coming from him. The giant wolf looked sheepish before groaning, "Okay, okay," she said and continued stroking the fur on his head as the wolf attempted to purr again.

(A/N: I'm sorry this one has been taking longer to update. I just haven't had much ideas for fillers because I don't want to rush it. I haven't abandoned it, just still coming up with ideas)