Chapter Six

"How does a werewolf bite affect an Original?" Derek asked Marcel after Marcel had explained what Rebekah had done.

"To a normal vampire it kills them, to an Original, it causes severe hallucinations," Marcel answered.

"What would a Type-B bite do?" Derek asked nonchalantly.

They a deep, hoarse cough, "You're so related to me," Peter rasped. He was walking by being balanced by Nik, "If that was your reaction to Rebekah, wonder what Elijah's will be," Nik said.

Peter was sat down, and immediately looked up Nik, "What. Did. He. Do?" he asked, taking deep breaths in between.

"He held Ma to a post while Esther recited the spell to keep her wolf side bound. He belittles her and blames her paranoia on herself when it was really the abuse she received from Mikael and the fear she had being around him along with her wolf being blocked. Then there's the blaming her for all his lover's deaths like Rebekah. Thinking everything is going to go wrong around Ma. Thinking she has the worst intentions for the family, and as of right now believes all of her siblings are in the Atlantic Ocean," Marcel listed off.

"How does...a type-b...affect originals?" Peter asked.

"As I said, severe hallucinations, reliving the worst things they've ever experienced, or things that are wonderful, but go wrong, for a type A. A type B, I'm not too sure unless it's an alpha," Marcel said. The nephew and uncle both looked at Nik, "I don't know either, I'm more excited about figuring out what a hybrid bite does," Nik said.

"What the immortality thing?" Derek asked, making the others look at him, "Peter still ages," he added.

"Oh! That's the other thing Elijah did, he let the last doppelganger escape so Nik couldn't do the ritual to unlock her wolf half," Marcel said making the two growl.

"Well, thankfully, I had finally tracked down Katerina and made a deal," Nik said making the two wolves look back at her, Derek having already heard it, but wanted to hear it from Nik and Peter hadn't heard it, "I told her the truth, because I had a way to bring back due to suspicions about me being able to make hybrids and I would need her alive. I would've let her remain alive to raise her child which I tracked down and let her live her life. Now, the deal I made with her is I would tell her where her daughter is and she would tell me when her doppelganger is around and inform me of each descendant," she explained.

"What about emotional attachment?" Derek asked.

Lucy had strolled in at this point and spoke, "It was theorized because Katherine—or Katerina, showed up five hundred years after the previous doppelganger that the one after Katerina would be five hundred years later, it's pushing that time now, we're fifteen or sixteen years off because Aunty Nik won't kill a child."

"A teenager I feel less guilty about—maybe seventeen years," Nik said."And so if I figure it out, I'm hoping it'll work on Peter and make him the first vampire-type B hybrid."

"Peter will be almost forty then," Derek said.

Nik shrugged, "I like a physically older man," she said in a flirty tone in Peter's direction. Peter had only just turned twenty, so physically he was younger then Nik's twenty six.

Finn and Freya stuck their heads in, "There is nothing wrong with being immortally almost forty," they say in unison before backing out.

"How do they do that in sentences?" Marcel asked.

Nik shrugged, "They're thousand year old twins. They may have been separated for two hundred years, but they have that thousand year old bond."

"What are we going to do about Laura?" Derek suddenly asked. Peter growled again and coughed.

Nik wrapped an arm around Peter's shoulders and faced Derek, "It is the decision of this pack. But just keep in mind she left Peter to die and end the pain to the other pack members giving him the blue eyes and I know that is significant in the Type-B community. She left your baby sister to run through the forest and hope she didn't run into hunters while carrying her cousin. She left you behind knowing the emotional impact this was going to have on you. Listen to your wolf and tell me, do you Laura, not your alpha, but Laura, in your pack?" Nik asked.

"No," Derek immediately said, glowing blue eyes of display.

"No," Peter coughed out, his blue eyes on display.

"No," Cora spoke from the hall, her gold eyes showing.

"No," Malia spoke from the doorway as she practiced her walking with Kol following behind.

*******

Laura collapses as her red eyes dull into a glowing blue as the remaining living members

"Who would you want as alpha? Out of your remaining member?" Nik asked.

"Peter," Cora spoke up. Everyone turned to look at Cora. "Peter was the left-hand. He's experienced what an alpha does, and if we come into a situation, he wouldn't be afraid to get his hands dirty or enforce a no killing thingy and something like that," the young child say.

"How do you know all that? I mean, I agree, but how do you know?" Derek asked.

Cora shrugged, "I'm quiet, Peter and Mother argue a lot about decisions,"

Peter's eyes widen at the statement while Nik continued to look at Cora while stroking Peter's hair. "You are one smart pup," Nik said to Cora making the small child beam back.

"I would vote Peter, Cora is right," Derek said.

"Mhmm," Malia spoke up making everyone look back.

"Looks like we have another smart pup," Kol commented.

Peter looked a bit anxious once he saw Malia—a nearly two year old—give him an understanding look. "What wrong?" Nik asked noticing his tensing. Peter just shook his head. He groaned in pain and bent over while Nik held him. She felt something shift in him and suddenly he rises up with a big roar making Derek, Malia, and Cora back down in submission. Peter looked back up at Nik, his now red eyes on display.