Chapter One

*Brief mention of SA and other similar things, it will be marked*

Cora through her arms around Nik and cried, and quickly Malia started crying too, "We can feel the bonds breaking," Cora cried.

Nik let the child hug her, supporting her with her arm to still the child some comfort, as she pulled out her phone, 'Go get items for' she pauses, "Cora how old are you?" she asked.

"Thwee," she responds, "Mally is one,"

'a three-year-old and a one year old,' she sent.

Immediately she was called, "Did you steal children without me!?" was the first thing she heard.

"Kai, why did you steal your nephew's phone?" Nik responds.

"Because I happen to be looking over his shoulder," Kai Parker responded.

"Ma," Marcel's voice was heard now, "Why do you need those items?"

"The Hale Pack had been killed by hunters, I can smell the wolfsbane from here," so could the children now that both of them had turned to try to block the smell with Nik's scent, "I found two children that escaped because of their uncle. I'm bringing them back to a hotel for the night at least and I'll see if there's other survivors," Nik explained.

Marcel pauses, likely thinking about when he almost died because of Mikael. They were trying to draw him there, but he seemed to have come earlier than planned and Nik had been too worried about Marcel. As soon as she knew Mikael was gone, she went back to look for him. She found her son weak and almost desiccated, but he was alive.

"Nik," the sound of Kol Mikaelson was heard, "Me and Finn will go and get supplies. If they are both Type B wolves they may feel someone still alive when they've calmed down," he said.

"Ooooooo shopping," Kai sang. Cora giggled a little bit as she listened in. Malia just blew a raspberry at the phone.

"Did somebody just raspberry me?!" Kai screeched.

"The one-year-old did," Nik clarified.

"I like her," Kai decided.

"I assume the three-year-old giggled," Finn Mikaelson spoke up.

"Yup," Cora said.

"What are their names?" Finn asked.

Nik put the phone to Cora's ear, "I am Cora, my baby cousin is Malia," she said.

"Well, hello, Cora," Finn greeted, "I know this is a very tough and scary time for you, but my sister will watch over you and your cousin and keep you protected," he said.

"Okay," Cora mumbled, getting sleepy. Nik said goodbye to her brothers and son before picking Cora up and speeding to a hotel and getting a room. She laid Cora on one of the beds and tucked her in and placed her hand over the child's forehead, noticing her getting tense. She muttered something under her breath and Cora slowly relaxed. Nik then turned to Malia and wrapped blankets around the baby to make a barrier. "It's too late for me to get you a proper bed or some food. First thing in the morning, we will get you food little pups," she said, looking down at the baby who slowly started to fall asleep after Nik muttered the same words.

Nik sat down and observed the two children, they weren't the first children she's taken in or the first in the family. Finn, to the surprise of everyone, gained an interest from a Bennett witch and made it possible for them to have a child. Little Lucille Nikolina Mikaelson had been a very cheerful child even if she knew her grandfather killed her mother eleven years ago. When Lucy had been old enough to understand, Finn sat her down with her aunt and uncle she had been named after and told her what they had found out about Mikael. Afterwards Lucy, at the time a seven-year-old, lunged at her aunt and hugged her tightly. Later, they had found out Freya had been alive and got her freed and killed Dahlia with something she didn't expect.

*Mentions of SA*

Marcel was someone Nik raised; she was his mother. Nik was also more observant than some of her siblings thought. She knew Rebekah was abnormally nice to Marcel. Rebekah couldn't find love, Nik always killed then because she knew they were Rebekah, but Rebekah never believed her sister. Rebekah saw an opportunity to make herself a perfect lover. Nik had sat Marcel down and asked him about how Rebekah treated him. She had to tell him that it was inappropriate to do the things Rebekah was doing to him. Nik wasn't going to think of the details because it made her angry. It made her angry that the teenager at the time had cried when he found out Rebekah was compelling him to do things because Nik had given him vervain to where and spelled it so the scent was hidden. When he realized Rebekah was compelling him, thankfully she had not dragged him somewhere, he had immediately screamed for his Mama. Nik came storming, snapped Rebekah's neck and stormed away. Rebekah later thought she caught him without vervain and compelled him to forget what she's done and he pretended he did as he knew his mother was always listening if Rebekah did something. Marcel had always wondered why they didn't leave, but she told him they would find where she is.

*Warning Over*

As Marcel grew, he avoided Rebekah with his mom's help while Marcel also protected his mom from Elijah. One thing Marcel learned from his mom was hiding his emotions and he knew how to read his mom's and knew Elijah said and did things that hurt his mom, especially after Elijah helped Katerina Petrova escape and leave his sister to have half (or third *wink* *wink*) locked up. He was thankful Kol, Finn, and Freya, found something to help his mom until the new doppelganger was born.

Lucy and Marcel were the two they had, and now Nik felt a connection to Cora and a smaller one to Malia. She wondered if that meant one of her brothers was going to take in the little baby. Finn had already been occupied with a teenage Lucy. Nik always knew Kol wanted to have a child. Kol's only barrier was Kai's worry over being a good father and making sure he doesn't accidentally siphon from the child if they had magic. Kol had to constantly remind his partner that he had plenty of practice from Kol and his siblings. Also, Kai had been made an Original off some Petrova blood they did have from Katerina and could now use his own magic. Kai also had an advantage for knowing three ex-siphoners. What most didn't know, Finn, Kol, and Nik as of that moment were Original Heretics. There older sister helped keep that fact hidden and none of the witches knew unless they were trusted. Esther didn't even know, the three siblings were just very good at sneaking magic.

Ayanna Bennett helped them when they were younger. Ayanna didn't look down on them for being siphoners, she helped them sneak magic from Esther. Ayanna had also been suspicious of Esther, and Mikael's change of personality. She was training the three how to build up enough magic so they could hopefully siphon the magic off of Mikael. Ayanna had been too late once she found out about the deaths of the children and what they had become. She had found Nik killing her mother while Elijah, Finn, and Kol watched. Elijah had stormed away and Ayanna approached them and she immediately knew Nik had been cursed. "I want you to try to siphon me after I do this," she had told them, making them confused. Nik hadn't siphoned Esther any when she killed her. Nik, in her confusion and still highly upset, had moved to her older brother's side and they watched Ayanna preserve Esther's body, "If she used a spell to turn you into these immortal creatures, that means you have magic in you," Ayanna paused, "Quickly, before I finish this, find Tatia and gather more of her blood. If you three have magic you could make more like you if you have her blood," she whispered, assuming they could hear. She felt breezes pass her and the three siblings gathered as much of Tatia's blood they could before making their way back. Ayanna started screaming when she finished the spell, "Now!" Kol told his siblings and they reached out, a familiar red glow on their hands as Ayanna got quieter and they got stronger.

"The ancestors attacked her," Kol had said.

"Why?" Finn had questioned.

Nik had a suspicion and reached forward and actually siphoned from Esther, "We can siphon her," she said in amazement.

"And we have our own magic," Kol and Finn both said before looking at each other funny, making Nik laugh.

Nik finally snapped out of her thoughts, checking her phone and seeing her siblings, son, and niece all went out to make two rooms for the little girls. Nik then sent a message to an officer she knew was in Beacon Hills to let her know she had found two little girls from the fire and they were all right. Then Nik went to sleep.