Chapter Three

Kol and Kai entered the hospital, "Noah!" Kol called. The physically older man spun around and found them, "Kol and Kai," he sighed, "Do I need to hide more bodies?" he asked.

"Nik killed someone?" Kol asked.

"Without us?!" Kai added in mock offense. Cora was laughing in her seat while Malia blew a raspberry, "Oh, it was you," Kai sassed making Malia blow another raspberry. Kai blew a raspberry back making Malia laugh in Derek's lap.

"Nik killed a woman that was rubbing wolfsbane on her mate's burns," Noah said making the three Hales growl. Noah checked his phone, "She's outside, let's go," he announced. Malia reached up for Kai which he looked back at Kol for reassurance. "You won't siphon her, you've had thirty years of practice and we've trained you," he said. Derek looked hesitant but saw the glare his sister was giving him so he kept quiet. Kai reached down grabbed the werecoyote pup and picked her up. She blew another raspberry before cuddling into his neck. "Okay, now we can go," Kol said and Derek held his sister as they walked out. Derek was a bit worried about seeing his uncle until he felt small arms hug him. Cora had sensed her brother's guilt and wanted to help him.

They all walked out to find Nik standing out in the open, impatiently waiting on them. "Where's D-Uncle Peter?" Cora asked. Derek slightly flinched. Their father had passed when Cora wasn't even born yet. Their parents had also argued a lot, and Peter was the one to watch the kids along with their other other uncle (Malia's father) and Derek hadn't agreed about how his mother treated Peter. It was almost like he was unwanted because he was the enforcer of the pack. After finding out Klaus Mikaleson was Peter's soulmate, Derek thought his uncle could finally have some happiness. He already thought the two suited each other...and that is not because his wolf is freaking out over the wolf royalty stood in front of them.

"Well it's about bloody time," Nik almost snapped.

"What?" they all asked.

Cora was still looking around for Peter, "Little pup, he's still where I found him," Nik told the toddler and quickly added after seeing widening eyes, "He is safe, I just needed to hide a body and compel some people to let him go and I am not going to compel multiple people seeing me wheeling a burnt man in broad daylight," she reasoned. The two Hales that understood what was going on relaxed and they all started following Nik. Kol hid a small smile seeing Kai still gently holding Malia and watching his sister looking so eager to get back to her mate.

Kol left really quickly to get the car they "borrowed", it was more a van, but Kol had assumed correctly that Peter was not able to move on his own yet. He came back and got in and helped Malia into he car seat they got and Noah got Cora into her own car seat. "I'm not even questioning where you got the van," Noah said.

"Noah," Kai said, offended, "You should know by now to question it. It gives you headaches," he said. Noah just grumbled in agreement as Nik came out driving a wheelchair. "It'll be you and me, and then this couple that we helped out from Augustine. They won't be there for now, the two are on a vacation, but they have some bad memories from Augustine and may be able to help you. Then there's my younger brother Kol who's driving the van and his husband Kai who looks like he doesn't want to let go of Malia, I think she's decided she's going to have two dads raise her. And then my brother Finn and his daughter Lucy—she's a witch—they're both waiting for us. Then there's my older sister Freya, she's Finn's twin and an immortal witch. Then there is my adoptive son Marcellus, he goes by Marcel, he may threaten you, he's protective," Nik said, sounding, dare the others think it, excited? "Then we got Malia, who raspberried her way into Kai's heart. Cora who is bloody adorable and brave to carry her cousin away to safety, and Derek who looks like a kicked puppy," she adds as she approached the van.

Kol got out the lift for a wheelchair, he could briefly notice Peter could move slightly. At least, Peter could move his eyes because the only time they have left Nik was when she was driving him and when Cora excitedly waved at him. Noah had told the two older Hales not to stare at Peter's scars, so Cora gave her uncle a bright smile and a wave.

Peter had been situated in the van with Nik sitting close by, maneuvering her arm to hold a bottle up to Malia's mouth since Cora was too far away and Derek was in his thoughts. Cora poked her brother's arm and pointed to the bottle when he looked back at her. Derek's head turned and he spotted the awkward angle Nik's arm was and took the bottle, making Nik look back before she let go. She had been watching Peter, he looked more relaxed as he looked over his remaining family members. He was also frowning as he got deeper into his thoughts until Nik's hand on his brought him out of it.

"So what're we doing?" Derek asked hesitantly after he finished feeding Malia.

"We are headed back to where Nik's car is and Kai is going to drive that home as I know my sister is not going to leave your uncle. My niece and other sister have a remedy that should be able to get the wolfsbane out. Then we'll discuss your older sister when Peter is healed," Kol explained. Derek nodded, after Malia and Cora were confirmed healthy, the next priority was Peter. Derek could still sense his older sister, but she abandoned them without an alpha. That was unforgiveable.

After a few hours, Derek, Malia, and Cora were all asleep. Kai had left and was in the car behind them. Peter was still awake and watching the scenes pass them. Kol and Nik both knew he was awake and they both knew he was not going to sleep because of the nightmares. They knew the feeling, so they didn't force it. They didn't force Derek to go back to sleep an hour later when he gasped awake.

When they arrived back to where the Mikaelson siblings stayed, an older man in his early thirties and someone who looked very similar to him but female stood out there. A teenager with curly black hair and light brown skin stood in front of them, excitedly waiting. "Hi Uncle Kol," the teenager chirped. Derek stopped, stunned, as he looked at the girl. He couldn't do this yet. He just couldn't.

"I understand," the girl said to him and he raised an eyebrow. "I'm your mate, aren't I?" she question and smacked the man behind her in the arm, likely somehow sensing the veins protruding out of his eyes, "Dad, stop," she said, slightly exasperated, and turned back to Derek, "I know what just happened, as you as you don't shut me out then I'm okay with waiting," she said with a small smile. Derek nodded, "Are you Lucy?" he asked.

Lucy nodded quickly, "And you're Derek," she responds.

"I Cora," Cora spoke up as she was let down. Finn and Freya watched their sister get out of the back and could see what Kol had meant. It looked like Marcel was gaining a brother and a sister based off how she checked the male teenager and young toddler before going back to the man in the wheelchair. Derek and Cora saw a darker skinned male step out, "Ma?" he called and the brother and sister saw Nik look out from the back, "Help me," Nik said.

"That's Marcel, he's Aunt Nikki's adoptive son," Lucy said, "I'm my dad's birth child before you assume," she added. Finn and Freya both also went to help Nik. Finn, Nik, Marcel, and Kol all helped carry Peter down steadily while Freya went back over to Lucy, "why don't you show them their rooms, I can take care of Peter's skin," she suggested.

Lucy nodded and showed Derek a room that had been painted dark blue and Cora a room that was painted red, "We got the impression you wouldn't like pink," Lucy said to the toddler, "And we didn't want to do anything typical anyway. We got you both new stuff and we'll go shopping for other things," she said kindly and then noticed both of them wince, "How about we play a game?" Lucy said, hoping to distract them from the pain Peter was feeling. Kai walked up with Malia, "Peter's going to likely start moving, could you watch her too?" he asked and Lucy grabbed the baby, "There's a sound proof room," he mentioned and Lucy's eyes lit up, "Come on," she told them and the Hale siblings followed behind the younger Mikaelson witch.