Ch 4

Once Monday morning comes I reluctantly wake up to my alarm going off I letting out a little groan. After laying there for a minute I slowly sit up and turn my alarm off before climbing out of bed heading to my closet grabbing a red hoodie with skulls on it and black sweats. I then quickly shower then brush my teeth and fix my light brown hair staring at my eyes one blue and one green before slipping on my shoes and grab my backpack. I then head downstairs greeting my brother before telling him I'm heading to school he wishing me a goodbye and good luck. As soon as I leave the house I head in the direction of the school putting my headphones in and start playing music on my phone as I walk. I'm so absorbed in the music and texting Brett I don't even notice the walkway sign change and the car heading straight towards me until suddenly my arm is yanked a little roughly I falling and land on a firm chest my body splayed halfway on the ground. I carefully move to sit up a little only to look shocked and confused when I see Joshua laying underneath me he giving me a look of concern. Pulling my headphones out I look down at him with a frown. "What was that about?" He gives me a little worried look. "There was a car headed straight for you and you didn't even see." I give a silent "oh" before running a hand through my brown hair. "Well thank you for saving me I guess. Are you alright? You landed on the ground pretty hard and I know it probably didn't help that I also landed on you." He gives me a reassuring smile sitting up. "I'm fine I promise." I look him over with a raised eyebrow but he just smiles at me. "We should probably get to school or we'll be late." I slowly nod and stand up holding my hand out to help him up he taking it and gets up. We then start to head to school there a little silence between us for a little bit until he pipes up suddenly. "Hey do you and your friend want to join me and the others for lunch?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "Is there even any room for two more?" He chuckles. "Yes we have some seats available." I hum softly before making a decision. "Sure I guess if you and the others don't mind." He smiles happily as we reach the front door of the school. "Great! See you in first period Ezekiel!" I go to correct him on using my full name but he's already gone I letting out a little sigh and head inside after counting to ten then head for my locker. As I walk over I see Brett leaning against the locker he raising an eyebrow at me. "Why are you so late getting here?" I nudge him off to the side before opening my locker to get my things out. "Joshua saved me from being hit by a car so we ended up a little behind." He splutters in shock and looks at me with wide eyes. "What the hell man?! You can't just say something like that and not have a reaction! What did you hit your head?" I give him a slight look. "First of all please lower the volume. Secondly no I didn't even get a scratch on me because Joshua made sure he broke my fall." He gapes at me for a moment before he smirks. "Mr Prince Charming." I give him a look. "Shut up. And by the way we're joining his group for lunch." He stares before grinning teasingly. "Oooo you'll get to see Wonwoo." I groan and slap his shoulder. "Would you quit teasing me?" He sticks his tongue out at me. "No because you always tease me. Honestly though as your best friend I think you should probably give up on Wonwoo." I sigh a little. "You have a point." He suddenly smirks at me. "I say go for mr gentleman instead." I give him a dirty look and step forward to slap the back of his head when the bell rings he immediately running off laughing. "You're dead later Brett!" I still hear his laughter from down the hall and grumble before I go to head for class when I turn the corner only to immediately slam into someone I stumbling backwards a little barely catching myself but see my things slamming to the ground. I sigh and kneel down to pick everything up pausing when another set of hands start to help I cautiously raising my head only to feel my heart stop when I see none other than Jeon Wonwoo helping me. Swallowing I focus back on my papers straightening them out when he gently hands the ones he picked up over to me. "Here sorry for running into you." I swallow taking the papers my voice soft and I can feel my cheeks tinting pink keeping my head lowered. "Thank you. And it's okay I wasn't really paying attention." I see him stand up but am immediately surprised when he holds his hand out to me I blinking before I take it he carefully helping me up I giving a shy "thanks" before I bow a little politely and quickly rush past him to my literature class down the hall I knowing that I'm probably blushing like crazy.