Ch 5

Quickly making my way into my literature class I bow apologetically to the teacher before heading to the back of the classroom I a little surprised when I see Joshua already sitting at my table. Blinking I take a seat he giving me a concerned look. "Are you alright? Your face is really red." I clear my throat and nod reassuringly. "Yeah I'm fine. Just had to run here since I was going to be late." He slowly nods and I quickly pull out the pages for our report changing the subject to the book. We chat and write down the necessary information for the assignment until we're basically almost finished. I carefully stretch a little before opening my notebook to put the papers away when Joshua gives me a slightly surprised look pointing at the wolf I was doodling. "Did you draw that?" I quickly close the notebook saying in a flat tone. "Yes but it's just a doodle." He gives me a look of disbelief. "That's just a doodle? It's amazing!" I shift a little shyly getting a little strange feeling in my chest. "Um thanks." Luckily the bell rings and I immediately pack up my things quickly Joshua watching me. "Are you still joining us for lunch?" I hesitate before giving a little nod. "Sure." He smiles at me I staring at him for a second before shaking my head and quickly grab my backpack rushing from the room. I quickly make my way to my other classes until it's time for lunch I feeling a little nervous as I meet Brett at my locker before heading to the cafeteria. As we enter I nervously look at Seventeen's table before Joshua seems to spot us he waving us over. "Ezekiel over here!" I feel myself shrinking in on myself a little shyly as Brett raises an eyebrow at me. "He calls you Ezekiel? I'd get slapped for doing that." I give him a look before we head over to the table Joshua smiling and motions to two seats I shyly sitting down beside Joshua and Brett sits beside me while Wonwoo is in front of me he giving a little surprised look. "Oh I didn't know that you knew Joshua." I look a little shy. "He's my partner in literature." He nods in understanding as I get my lunch out handing half over to Brett silently. Joshua speaks up and introduces us to the rest of the group we giving little nods of greeting then Joshua starts mentioning my drawing. "He's a really impressive artist. It was extremely detailed yet he said it was a doodle." I get multiple curious looks and I hide my face a little groaning. "It's not as good as he says he's exaggerating." Wonwoo speaks up I peeking from between my fingers. "Let us see it." I hesitate frowning a little before sighing and get it out Joshua gently taking it and shows it to the others it quiet for a minute before Mingyu speaks up. "Wow this is really good. And you said it's just a doodle?" I slowly nod shifting a little. "Yeah. Can I have it back please?" Wonwoo gently hands it over to me our fingers brushing I trying to keep the blush from my face as I put it away. Once my bag is zipped I focus back on my lunch when Wonwoo asks curiously. "What grade are you two in?" I hum a little before answering after I swallow my bite of food. "I'm in Mingyu's year and Brett is in the year above me." Joshua looks at me in surprise because I'm in the advanced class for older students. "I didn't know that I thought you were in mine or Wonwoo's year." I shrug a little when Brett speaks up. "He's really smart. In all honors classes and keeps perfect grades." I immediately blush and punch Brett in the shoulder hissing quietly. "Shut up." He just smirks at me as the others give me impressed looks. Thankfully the bell rings signaling the end of lunch and Brett offers to take up our trash I reluctantly letting him when suddenly Joshua asks curiously. "What's your next class?" I blink before saying softly. "Music with Mr Kim." He nods. "Wonwoo and some of the others have the same class. Anyways we should probably get going." I nod saying goodbye to the others politely before rushing over to Brett's side we heading to my locker. I grab my songbook then head to Brett's locker before we part ways I quickly rushing into class and immediately go to the very back of the classroom to hide and write.