Ch 8

Over the next couple of days Joshua brings over my assignments while I'm still sick and we actually got pretty close. Thankfully by next Monday I'm completely better I quickly getting dressed and text Brett to meet me at my locker then grab my backpack, wish my brother a goodbye and then head out the door. As I start to make my way to school I hear my name being called I stopping and turn my head seeing Joshua walking towards me. "Oh hey Joshua." He gives me a little smile and we start walking to school together. "Glad to see you're feeling better." I give him a small smile. "Thanks. I know I probably looked horrible while I was sick so sorry you had to see me like that." He immediately says reassuringly. "You looked fine Ezekiel I promise. You could have looked like death and you'd still be cute." I immediately feel a little strange giving a slight shy smile as we make it to school. "Um I should go I have to meet Brett. But I'll see you in first period okay?" He nods smiling and I quickly rush off to head to my locker seeing Brett waiting there for me he raising an eyebrow as I struggle to open my locker. "What's got you all flustered?" I shift a little before mumbling softly. "Joshua and I were walking to school together and I told him I was sorry he saw me look so horrible when I was sick and he said I looked fine and that I could have looked like death and I'd still be cute." Brett's eyes widen and he lets out a low whistle. "Whoa that's actually really smooth." I give him a look then focus on getting my books put away that I don't need he smirking at me. "Does this mean that you're starting to like him?" I pause before mumbling quietly. "Maybe." He gasps at me and pokes me repeatedly in the side. "Details I need details." I groan and close my locker turning to him. "He may have came to my house like every day after school while I was sick and we would chat and do some homework together and I guess you could say we're closer now?" Suddenly the bell rings and I let out a relieved breath but Brett gives me a look. "We aren't done talking about this." I roll my eyes but nod and rush off to first period I quickly making my way to my seat and sit down beside the window waiting for Joshua. He barely makes it in the door before the bell rings he rushing over to take the seat beside me I looking at him worriedly. "Are you alright? You're never late heck you're always here before me." He tries to wave me off and reassure me he's fine when I notice something that makes my blood run cold. "Um Joshua you have a lipstick smear across your lips." His eyes widen and he goes to touch it I silently handing him a napkin from my bag before turning away from him to face the front of the classroom my mind running with a million different thoughts. Joshua tries to get my attention I completely ignoring him and silently curse when the teacher says to start working on our projects I reluctantly looking at Joshua who immediately starts babbling. "It's not what you think. Hana...." I hold a hand up before he can say anything else emotionally putting a wall up. "It's not my business who you're with or who you kiss. We barely know each other anyways." He looks like he wants to argue and say something but I turn my back to him and start drawing in my notebook. Joshua continues to try and get my attention but as soon as the bell rings I get up and quickly grab my things before I run off leaving Joshua behind.