Ch 10

(Zeke's Pov)

Sitting in the cafeteria I stay quiet feeling a little miserable Brett trying to get information out of me about what exactly is going on but I stay quiet. Picking at my food I look up curiously when Brett makes a noise of disgust only for my eyes to go to Hana leaning up to kiss Joshua. Making a face I look back down at my food only to hear Joshua's voice rise in anger I looking back up curiously. "Will you please stop that? You can't just go around kissing people when they don't want it." I'm surprised at the angry tone he has and watch wide eyed as Hana looks angry and offended saying how she's the most popular and prettiest girl in school and how he should want her. Suddenly Joshua speaks up louder his tone full of anger that he's interested in someone who's real and genuine and that's not fake my eyes widening slightly and Brett lets out a quiet "ooo burn!" I give him a slight look just as I hear Joshua say my name when she asks who I immediately freezing in shock. Brett gives me a knowing smirk I giving him a dirty look and feel a little embarrassed when Hana starts laughing calling me a freak my heart pounding in my chest when Joshua stands up for me his voice loud, dark and intimidating the only thing going through my mind is that he's hot when he's mad. I get up and make my way over as I see Hana's eyes narrow I stopping by Joshua's side and say with a smirk. "Better watch it Hana or your hair extensions will fall out." She freezes and looks at me wide eyed I giving her an evil knowing smile as she starts to back off. "Me use hair extensions? As if." She quickly backs down and runs away I turning to Joshua who grabs my arm and starts leading me out of the cafeteria I following him silently. He leads me outside under a large tree and turns to me a serious look on his face. "Look Hana cornered me this morning and forcefully kissed me. I managed to get away but didn't really think about there being a smear of her lipstick left. I'm not interested in her at all and I never will be." I'm quiet for a minute before I give him a little apologetic look. "Sorry for jumping to conclusions. And thanks for sticking up for me. Can I do anything to repay you?" He suddenly grins down at me my heartbeat speeding up a little. "You can go to the movies with me this weekend." My cheeks tint a slight pink and I clear my throat a little. "Alright. What time?" He smiles happily his eyes shining. "I'll pick you up around five on Friday." I give a little nod then grimace as the bell rings signaling lunch is over. Joshua looks down at me before offering cheerfully. "I'll walk you to class." I blink before giving a shy nod and we head to my locker I grabbing my things then we start walking to the music room I giving Joshua a shy "talk to you later" before I enter the room and go to the back to take a seat.