chapter 22

Genya POV

I patted muis head, he really must be struggling..

His hair used to be so, so long. It must be hard having it cut, hair holds a lot of memories, and that must've taken so long to grow, so many memories..

I rubbed his head, "it's okay, if you need to cry you can.." I tell him, he shook his head but I saw his eyes bubble up with tears.. I opened my arms and he bursted out. .

"It's okay, it's okay.. Just come here.." I said, moving his fragile body onto my lap and hugging him. I rubbed his side and was able to feel his ribs.. It was awful..

"M-my mother.. S-she l-loved my hair.. I-its gone n-now.. S-shed be s-so disapointed.." He said, before bursting out again. Poor mui, he must really be going through it..

"I-I just w-want to d-die!" He said, my heart dropped and I pulled him closer

"Hey no, we aren't saying things like that. How would you feel if I said that?" I asked, he shook his head and bursted into tears, clinging to me for dear life..

"I know its hard right now, but you can get through this.." I said, "I CAN'T!!" He bursted out, I rubbed the back of his head. "Yes you can, just please calm.."

.................................................................................

Mui pov- next day after school

I got a message..?

You forgot you're still working for me, huh?

My heart dropped...

No.. P-please..

Aha.. No I haven't.. I'm just not doing amazing..

Why? Because of a haircut? It's a fucking haircut. Get over it

I started shaking.. I hate this.. I hate everything..

I took a deep breath and started walking to gyokkos..

This was so bad.. He'd already cut my hair.. I.. I don't want to do this..

I opened the door as he greeted me.. His horrible alcohol tainted breath filling the air..

"Oh look, someone cut their hair shorter." he laughed, bringing me in.. I kept my head down, I didn't like this.. At all.. I hate this..

He took a look at my wrist, holding it and looking at it

"Looks like your hair hasn't been the only thing you've been cutting~"

He started laughing his ass off while I pulled my arm back, covering it and shaking..

What the fuck is wrong with him..?! Why would he say something like that?! Is he that fucked up in the head..?!

He laughed even more, "oh you're funny, now, get to work" he said, shooing me off, my eyes started to water up...

I couldn't take it.. This was horrible.. I hate this.. All of this..

I started cleaning, I washed his dishes first.. There were so.. So many alcohol bottles.. It was horrible..

I let them air dry while I set his table, only to hear him behind me..

"Ah, so sad~" He said, coming behind me and grabbing my hips, "you really were a beauty~" he said..

What...?

"H-huh..?" I questioned. "You looked so much better with that long hair of yours.. What a shame~" he said, rubbing his hand on the back of my head, ruffling my short hair.. "Your so ugly now, honestly" he said

My heart dropped..

Ugly...?!

I'm not ugly..!

Am I...?!

N-no.. N-no I'm not..

"I'm done with you and your ugly ass. I only wanted you when you were actually decent looking" he said, I started to cry.. "P-please.. This is my only job.. I need to pay for Yui.." "Forget about him. He's going to die anyways."

I started to burst out.. I couldn't control it..

"Ahw.. Look, your such a sensitive little baby, I call you ugly and this happens? Seriously. Get a fucking grip" he says, "there is one thing you have a grip on.. That blood covered razor of yours." He said, I shook my head.. I couldn't take it.. I hated this so.. So much...

"Maybe you should give yourself a break. You look like you need it" he said, I started to cry more, "a break from cutti-"

I ran off before he could continue his sentence.. I hated this, I ran out the door, crying.. I ran back home..

I cried.. And cried..