chapter 23

Gen pov

Huh..? Muis calling me? Isn't he supposed to be at work..?

"Hello?" I asked, picking up the phone, just to hear shaky breathing and crying

"Mui-?! Mui-!! Where are you-?! What's wrong-?!" I asked, he broke down, "H-he fucking f-fired m-me because I w-wasnt pretty a-anymore!!" He yelled, bursting into tears, "alrighty.. Calm down, come to my apartment okay?! I'll try help you.." I tell him, he makes a sound before ending the call.

Holy fuck..

Is he okay-?! What did the guy do to him-?! He sounds so upset!

...

I waited until I heard knocking on my door, before he burst through it, "MUI-" I said, he was a mess.. Holy crap.. Tear stains, his hair was messy.. His sleeves rolled up, along with his shorts, and his cuts were visable..

I held my arms out for him to come and run into them.. "Hey hey it's okay.." I reassures him, "N-No it isn't!!" He said, bursting into tears and grasping the back of my shirt. I sat him down on the couch and asked him to explain what happened.

He burst into tears once again, "H-HE- SAID I W-WAS UGLY NOW.. A-AND THAT HE D-DIDNT WANT ME ANYMORE!!" he burst out, I held him close, "shh.. No it's okay.." "NO IT ISN'T!! NOW I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO PAY F-FOR YUI!! AND HE'S GONNA FUCKING D-DIE!!" he yelled, I hugged him, "No mui, you can stay here.. I need to make sure you aren't hurting yourself, and I can pay for yuis bills, I have enough money to" I tell him, he shakes and looks up at me

"Y-your too kind.. I-I don't deserve you.."

My heart dropped, "yes you do.. Just please listen to me, okay? I'm doing this for you, because I feel like you've been through alot, and you know you have too." I said, he cried even harder, shaking his head, "I-I don't.. W-Why do you care s-so much..?!" He asked, I patted his head, "you do deserve it mui, you need to learn that" I told him.

After a while he gave up on fighting back, so I decided to out s movie on so he could try sleep, "what about this one?" I asked, point at a title with the remote cursed, "I-I don't mind.. Y-You can choose.." He said, I nodded and put on a nice, happy movie, maybe it'll help him?

He layed his head on my shoulder, and I moved him and layed it on my lap, he looked surprised but I played with his hair, mainly his fringe since it was the longest part. He closed his eyes.. He seemed happy..

...................................................................................

I watched the end credit of the movie, all the lights were out, the only thing producing light was the dim lit tv, I looked down at mui who was past asleep, I moved my hand on his forehead before smiling and going back to playing with his fringe..

He was so small..

So delicate..

Why..?

Why would anyone want to hurt him..?

I looked down at his cute, simple face, I moved his fringe out of the way..

"How did The weird kid.. Who no one liked.."

"How did he end up being my crush..?"