taking back my life

Chapter 7

Eryx's mother, who had disliked Ray from the start, was furious to learn that she was a gold-digger. When she heard the water stop, Eryx's mother slowly entered the bathroom and spoke to her son while directing the maids to leave.

She spoke in a melancholy tone. "Eryx, my son, speak to me," I said. I detest seeing you in such a state. My heart bleeds seeing you in such a depressed situation. Because of what your ex-wife, Ray, did to you, I am aware of the pain in your heart, but you are resilient enough to overcome this, I am confident in you. "Please don't give up now. Your friends will be with you the entire way to support you no matter what."

Eryx's mother assisted him in getting ready for bed by helping him take a bath. She told one of the housekeepers to phone Nola and let her know that Eryx's mother needed assistance. She bowed. Eryx was taken by Miss Wild to his room so he could change. to join them on their evening out.

so, he could come outside for a walk with them to get some cool, fresh air.

To help them carry Eryx, Austin waited outside the bedroom for them. His mother, Miss Wild, was standing by him in his room, assisting her son with getting dressed so they could leave. Nola gazed at Eryx with a terrified expression as the door opened to reveal her standing in the shadowy doorway, as though her life were leaving her face. She immediately requested Miss Wild's help in getting Eryx ready. He had the impression that he was still battling them. Nola was aware that she needed to express her sentiments to him. Miss Wild was informed of her desire to speak. to him, in private, Eryx. Miss Wild exited the space carefully and shut the door behind her. Nola regarded him as she drew nearer to his face. He appeared ill.

She spoke in a painful voice, "I don't know if you can hear me." Eryx, you're a wonderful, kind, and handsome man who always takes care of his clients and family. That was horrible what Ares and Ray did to you. I hope you come back stronger than ever for your family. I've always liked you much more than a friend thought. Ray teased me about my family and said she would do something to them.

With that, she leant in, gently kissing Eryx softly on the lips, to hear the door open and see his mom. With an angry face, she shouted at her for taking advantage of her son while he was in a vulnerable state. Nola explained to his mom that she was only telling him her true feelings for him. Eryx's mother knew it was another slut trying to take advantage of him, so she told her to get out as she finished getting him dressed. Nola calmly walked out as the door slammed behind her. An hour had passed when Miss Wild opened the door.

Both saw how Eryx looked. His face still looked terrible. His mom told him to come with them. He stood up on his own, walking towards the wooden panel door. Nola moved out of the way as he walked past her. She felt like a dread came over her as his dark silhouette walked past. Her face looked like it was about to shatter into a million pieces. How could she be so out of his league? Even his mom thought she was taken advantage of, which made Nola feel guilty.

pricking at her neck like a needle she placed her hand on the other thinking how to explain, to Eryx mother she was only trying to help him she sighed as she was about to leave when the door opened, with his mother looking at her with a dismissive look her up and down scoffing at Nola with a sarcastic grin that Nola took as an offence threat that made her tremble like a little tiny mouse

that gave Eryx's mom even more reason to put even more pressure on her to keep away of her son praying eyes at her as she felt a tap beside her fragile shoulder, she to see Eryx with a face that still looked like he was still out of it from strong intoxicating alcohol that she could smell on his breath that made his mother cover her mouth