Dark desire

Chapter 8

Eryx's father found it strange that she wasn't here at the hour. Like his wife, he felt like she had gone somewhere else. He called one of his right-hand men to call his wife and find out what she was up to. He placed his hand on his chin, thinking of all the problems that he had to sort out with the bank, when suddenly someone burst into his office in a daze, telling him that his son Eryx had made his own company, which was doing well, but his father knew he would regret it.

Not aware that his son was eavesdropping, he told one of his guys to send someone over to Eryx Company to spy on them so they could steal all their ideas. And use them as his own. It would put him back in favour with his father, not to mention

Ray could get more things for herself, and he could get the company back up and running. He had become more successful at beating Eryx at anything, so he strolled away from his father's door to his office. Ares called up one of his men, telling him to spy on Eryx's company. He gave him a nod, bowed, and turned around.

Walking out the wooden door, Ares was pissed off as he stood looking out the window, thinking how he could make his brother suffer to the point where he wanted to smash his hand through the window to hurt himself, which would put him in the hospital.

Back at Eryx, the company was getting ready for the launch of this robotic toy.

One of his clients made over $10,000, which was a big deal for them. Eryx was happy to see everyone working together. He heard someone call him; they told them that the people beside him were new, and in turn, he introduced him to Eryx's and said he wanted to join the team of his company.

He gave him a handshake and a smile as they boarded. Both of them carried on working as Ares snugly observed them organise every detail so he could report it to Ares so they could take it for themselves for their own business so Ares could expand his father's business so he could earn a lot of money so they could make Eryx's life as miserable as possible. He snuck away carefully, pulling out his phone, dialling Ares' number, and giving him all the details about what the Eryx company was doing. Ares congratulated him and advised him to keep up the good work.

for the information, so they could continue spying on him and steal all of his business-related ideas. While Nola was in the canteen enjoying her lunch of nice noodles with corn, gammon, and pork, Austin and Sage approached her and sat down before informing her that the company had welcomed a new employee today. This made Nola sigh in irritation because she knew the new employee would likely be yet another jerk looking to take advantage of the company. Nola continued to eat her noodles while oblivious to them, thinking about how Eryx was doing.

When she heard her name being called, she turned to face Xiuying and told her that Eryx wanted her to come to his office so they could discuss the specifics of the project and the launch they were planning. She then finished up, got up from the table, and walked out the canteen door.

Eryx was writing crucial documents on his desk as she entered his office, so she moved over and sat down in one of the leather chairs as she waited for him to finish. She sighed as she made her way down the corridor to his office.

When he placed the pen down after finishing his work, all she could see was his head looking up at her, his seductive, heated eyes staring right at her, making her feel hot inside—a new sensation for her. Eryx pulled back after realising Nola was ashamed and covering her face with both hands. Eryx sniggered in silence.

He got up from his chair and approached Nola, which caused her to take a hesitant step back. He then lifted his arm and gently took a strand of Nola's hair away from her face; she reddened suddenly as she felt his breath on her skin.