Chapter 2.5 : Zoned Out

Ikari POV

I run through the abandoned building and try to find the suspect I was just chasing. This building is like a maze, just really rusted. The pipes leak rain water into the hallways, jeprodizing the silence. The clatter of the trees, slapping the already broken windows. And the silent clatter of footsteps, frantic and eager. I run down the hallway, slowly getting close to the suspect I am chasing. This man has access to private agent files, and has been targeted to be captured. Dead or alive. I usually try to take them alive because I like to see what Julia does with them, but if I have to take them dead,it has to happen. I see my chance to take a shortcut and run for a separate hallway. I start to sprint through different hallways to try and cut him off, and I start to get close as his footsteps get louder at every turn. At one turn I find him running into the main area and I tackle him to the ground. I try my best to knock him out but he blocks every punch, so I pull out my knife and try to stab his throat. I get close but he manages to turn the knife around and stab me in the gut.

I fall back, winded from the sudden stab. I pull the knife out of my wound and proceed to use it to stab his knees, preventing him from running. I manage to grab a hold of his hair, pull his head back and slit his throat. He falls to the ground begging for me to save him, so I lean down and stab the side of his head, instantly killing him.

With my stab wound, I am unable to get to my car for a radio. As I lean against the wall, I find a fire alarm. After deciding my fate, I pull the alarm. But instead of an alarm, a school bell plays?

Suddenly I am snapped back to reality, and the school bell alerts me that it is time for break. So I pack my books away, grab my bag and walk out of the class. Now to find Kenji.