Chapter 4: The Past Never Rests

Ikari POV

I take my food and sit on the couch. The TV turns on to one of my favourite animes: One Piece. I put my feet up and relax for a bit as I eat my noodles and watch anime. About an hour into eating, I eventually finish and go upstairs to work on the homework from English class. This'll take another couple of hours.

Kenji's POV

Me and this 'Mizu' kid started our walk down the neighbourhood a few minutes ago. He really isn't a bad person but he is definitely... Uhm different. He always talks about his creepy association with water? I don't get it either but who am I to judge. This agency he spoke about, I know of its existence very well, Too well.

Mizu - "Kenji, you seemed very wary when I mentioned the agency I worked for. Any reason?"

Kenji - "Nope. Just curious I guess. Never really been in this kind of situation."

Mizu - "I guess that makes sense. So this guy, your sure he will just let me stay with him?"

Kenji - "The dude basically has a mansion. I'm sure he'd be willing to help."

Mizu - "Whatever you say. So more about this water theory..."

And now he's back to blabbing about water, great. I really need to get to his house soon, I don't know how much longer I can deal with this guy. Ah there it is... Ikari's house.

3rd person

Ikari stops working on the homework as he hears a knock on his door. He walks down and opens it to find Kenji there with a... random guy?

Kenji - "Hey Ikari, I need your help. Please."

Ikari - "Sure come in and take a seat."

Kenji and Mizu take a seat on Ikari's couch as Mizu gets a good glimpse at Ikari.

Mizu - "Hey, it's you..."

Ikari - "It's me? Have we crossed paths?"

Mizu - "Not quite, you're the top wanted on my ex-agency's criminal list..."

Ikari freezes in place as he hears these words. Ex-agency? Top Wanted? He starts to wonder if his past has truly caught up with him.

Kenji - "What's he talking about, Ikari?"

Ikari - "What's the name of your agency?"

Mizu - "Crenshaw Reapers. South Division"

Ikari - "Crap, God this is bad... You said ex-agency right? You get fired or something?"

Mizu - "Not quite. As I said to Kenji, I got a hold of some very confidential files and they caught on. They then tried to assassinate me."

Ikari - "That sound much more relatable than you may think. Trust me."

Kenji - "OK, WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

Ikari and Mizu look over to Kenji, who clearly has no idea what is happening. Ikari signals to Mizu to explain.

Mizu - "So, Ikari here used to be a working agent for the Crenshaw Reapers. I don't know the full story but all we were told was that he was a traitor to the agency and had to be killed on sight. But no one ever found him, until now."

Kenji - "Ikari, this true?"

Ikari - "Not entirely, I got a hold of some incriminating evidence and Leaked them to other agencies. But they caught on and lured me away to assassinate me. I escaped and now I'm here."

Kenji looks at both of them in complete confusion, worry and concern. As he slowly wraps his head around this new found info on his friend, Mizu interrupts him.

Mizu - "You realise that they'll be on high alert now, two agents gone rogue. That won't be good for them."

Ikari - "Nope, it wouldn't. Especially since one of them agents has access to them mentioned files. Before they removed me, I managed to get the login for an account that is still registered on their system."

Kenji - "So your going to find a way to burn them down? Ruin them completely?"

Ikari - "Basically. But only the south division, since they are the only ones on high alert. We don't need to attract too much attention."

They all notice the time and worry since Kenji has to get home now.

Mizu - "Ikari, sir. May I stay here for a while? I don't really have a place to live"

Ikari - "Fine with me, there is a spare bedroom at the far end of the upstairs hallway, use that."

Mizu - "Thank you, sir. This means alot"

Mizu runs upstairs and heads into the spare bedroom as Ikari shouts behind "Stop calling me sir"

Kenji - "What's your plan now?"

Ikari - "Go on with life, a plan is needed when a plan is needed and that isn't now."

Kenji - "What do I do?"

Ikari - "Go home, get some rest and go on with life like normal. Just don't mention this to anyone, got it?"

Kenji nods as he turns around and walks out of the door as Ikari shuts it behind him.

Tommorow is just another day...