Chapter 2

'Thoughts'

"Talking"

(A/N: Author note)

Flashback/Time skip

Any photos or videos that are used in this story that I do not mark as mine, belong to their respective creators. Any photos that I have created will be watermarked. I ask that you do not use my photos without my permission, I work hard to create them.

____________________________________

Currently Issei was lying on his bed, after he passed out in the park Ddraig had instructed Ravel to take Issei home; the Hyoudou residence. It had been three hours since Issei passed out, then finally he began to regain consciousness. His left hand twitched and his eyes slowly fluttered open. Issei found himself staring at the ceiling, confused as to how he ended up in his room. He slowly sat up and held his head as he tried to recall what happened, then he heard a deep and familiar  voice.

Ddraig: “I see you're finally awake, partner.”

Issei: “Ddraig? What happened? Why am I in my room?”

Ddraig: “You passed out in the park because of mental stress, and near activation of the Juggernaut Drive.
I asked the phoenix girl to bring you here.”

Issei: “How long have I been out?”

Ddraig: “Three hours. But we have more pressing issues, throughout this whole time that you were unconscious I could not see what was happening in your mind. No memories, dreams, or thoughts. This has never happened before with any of my previous hosts.”

Issei: “Do you think the past hosts have something to do with it?”

Ddraig: “While it is possible, I highly doubt it. Normally whenever the past hosts try to influence you, I can feel their negative emotions and malicious aura throughout the sacred gear regardless if you're conscious or not. However, I felt neither one of them. I am very concerned, this is not a matter to be taken lightly.”

Issei: “I understand Ddraig. I'll try to keep my emotions in check.”

Ddraig: “That being said, how are you feeling, partner?”

Issei: “Fine, I guess.” he said in a saddened tone.

Ddraig: “Partner, what's wrong?”

Issei: “It's just…. *deep sigh* Ddraig, do you think I'll ever be able to get past what Raynare did to me? I've been trying to be the strong one for everyone else. But inside, it feels like I'm falling apart. I feel like I'm drowning in my own thoughts, and the weight is suffocating. I feel so pathetic.”

Ddraig: “Partner I–

Issei: “I'm so pathetic that I'm afraid of women. Sure, I'm perverted, which I think might be from my parents; but the peeping, porn magazines, and boobs are the things that have prevented me from breaking down mentally. If it wasn't for those things I don't know what I’d do, whenever I think about having something beyond friendship with Rias or the girls there's a pain I feel in my chest, like someone stabbed me in the chest with the True Holy Spear. And sometimes I can still hear Raynare mocking me.”

Ddraig: “I want to say that I understand how you feel, but in reality I don't. However, I do know that you have a kind soul and an unbreakable will. Have faith in yourself, partner, you will eventually overcome this trauma like you've overcome other things. But overcoming this will take time, you've been deeply scarred by that filthy crow so you need to allow yourself time to heal; for once stop worrying about others and worry about yourself. Your emotional well-being is important, and the decisions you make should be based not only on what's best for others, but what's best for you. Just know that I'm here to support you, no matter what you decide.”