Chapter One

Ahhh five reads!

I feel like such a loser because I am actually so excited about this!!!

Also if any of you didn't find my fan fiction through the Trenchers page on Facebook, please go like it! We are Trenchers of Ontario. Spread the word and enjoy this short, terribly written chapter :$

*4 years later*

Josh's point of view

"Cause I knew you were trouble when I walked in", Matt and Ian sang/screeched out in the front seat. I sighed and looked out the window, watching the trees whizz past. Everything seemed kind of different, but I guess that's how it was every time we returned from a tour.

Suddenly, memories flashed through my mind.

The empty bedroom.

The engagement ring.

The tears.

"Josh, did you hear me? JOSH"?

I snapped out of my daydream. "Yeah"?

I heard Matt laugh behind the drivers seat. "Dude, you were totally zoned out. What is up with you today"?

I muttered something about not feeling well and turned back to my window. I didn't feel like putting up with him today.

"Guys, give him a break. He's like this every time we get back from a tour. It's the day that you-know-who left".

"I didn't know Josh used to hang out with Voldemort"!

By this time we were in front of my house. It was an apartment, actually, that I shared with Matt.

"He's talking about Elizabeth, Ian", I said as I got out of Matt's truck and walked towards the building. I hated this feeling, thinking back to four years ago when I was the happiest person in the world. I was engaged to the love of my life, our band was doing well, and everyone seemed happy. Of course I had to be wrong.

A few minutes later I was laying in bed, ignoring all of my stuff I needed to unpack.

"Is this a thing you do, leave all of your crap for us to carry"? Matt asked as he dumped my suitcase on the ground. I groaned and turned over to face the wall.

He sat at the edge of my bed and we stayed there in silence for a while before he got up and turned to the doorway.

"You're gonna have to move on sometime, Josh".

I rolled over and got up, making my way to my bathroom.

"I have moved on".

He snorted; "If you've moved on, why do you still keep her nailpolish in the fridge, huh? Or, why do you keep copies of her books even though you never read"?

Bathroom door slams.

 "And why do you keep her old paint brushes in your bathroom cabinet"?

I felt tears coming on.

"I could read you know, if I had any time".

"Why do you keep her engagment ring, if you've moved on"?

Now I wasn't just upset, I was also kinda mad. Not at Elli, not at Matt, but at myself. I thought back to highschool, how I could just relieve my pain with drugs, how if I wasn't feeling good about myself I could throw up my meal. But I couldn't go back to that place, not if I wanted to keep all of the promises I had been keeping since highschool.

I unlocked the bathroom door and made my way to the kitchen.

"I could paint if I wanted to".

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You have to let go. Four years later, she's still gone, Josh. It's time to move on".

I shook his hand off and moved towards the door, shrugging on a jacket.

"How about coffee first"?

Sorry it's so short, I will post the next chapter really soon and I promise to make it longer and better. Vote and comment pleasee and I'll post Chapter two soon xxx