Chapter Ten

*Josh's point of view*

I stood backstage, getting ready for the local show. It was a week until Christmas, and we were doing some more shows before we got to settle at home for a few months until hopefully going on another tour. We also got to go to Toronto later this to appear on Much Music, which was always exciting.

Right before I was about to run on stage, I felt someone tug on my sleeve. I turned around to see Ellie, looking flustered and out of breath, but also excited.

"You remember the plan, right"?

I smiled at her and kissed her forehead. "Of course. Now go find Jamie, she's waiting outside for you"!

I gave her a quick kiss and she ran away to find Jamie. I ran on stage, the crowd screaming, and we started playing. We were about to end the show, with one song left when Ellie appeared at the side of the stage with Jamie. She looked over at me, smiling. Jamie beside her looked confused and slightly irritated. It made sense, she had only just let Matt come home last night. But hopefully after tonight everything between them would be worked out.

"We have one last song for you guys tonight"! The crowd went crazy again.

"Now, I think for this one, I'm gonna let Matt take over". More screams.

Matt walked to center stage and waved awkwardly at the crowd. He also looked nervously to behind the stage, where Jamie was still standing, looking a little less irritated and slightly more excited to see Matt singing.

"I want to dedicate this song to Jamie, I know it's one of her favourites".

"So here's another day, I'll spend away from you

Another night I'm on another broken avenue

My bag is ripped and worn, then again now so am I

Take what you wanna take what you wanna take what you"

I looked over to Jamie, she had her hand over her mouth. The acoustic version of Cross My Heart had always been her favourite. She was a fan of the band, that's how her and Matt met in the first place. And Ellie had come up with the idea of using the song.

As Matt sang the last few words, I walked over to where Jamie stood and dragged her out on stage to Matt, and as the song ended, he got down on one knee and proposed.

I didn't hear what they said to each other, all I know is that Jamie nodded after as she was crying. Everyone in the audience was going insane. We closed the show and walked backstage, everyone happy.

That night we rode back to my place to hang out, the entire ride Jamie and Matt were hand in hand, happier than I had ever seen them.

Kinda cheesy, kinda awkward, kinda short.

Also, Jamie might slightly be based on me

Only maybe

You'll never know for sure.

I wrote this chapter really quickly, and it's not really edited, I've just been feeling really crappy and bad. So I'm sorry if the chapters aren't that great, or if I'm not updating it a lot. I'm just not that great right now, but I don't wanna leave you guys hanging, even though I'm pretty sure my friends from school are the only ones reading my story so it doesn't really mater.

Vote and comment and stuff...