Chapter Three

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking time to read my story, I really appreciate it and would love some feedback. Hopefully you'll enjoy this and it will make up for not updating it in a week.

*Josh's point of view*

Sitting on a couch in the back of our regular coffee shop, I watched as Matt bumped into a tall blond. I automatically thought of Ellie, who always towered over everyone, kind of like me. But this girl could'nt be Ellie, she was too pale, too thin, her short hair was too thin. My guess was she was sick, and I started to feel bad for this women, who I didn't even know.

Matt came back with our coffee, but he didn't seem like his normally happy self.

"Did you at least get her number"? I asked jokingly as we headed outside.

"Not funny, Josh". He snapped as he slammed the door open.

"What crawled up your butt and died", I muttered as we walked out into the light rain that had been falling all day.

"Josh"? I heard a voice call for me. I spun around to see Devon, Elizabeth's older brother standing across the street.

"Hi, Devon", I muttered as he walked across the road towards us. I had seen him only once since Elizabeth disappeared, and that was the night she left. Other than that, I wasn't sure if he even knew I still lived in Vancouver.

"It's good to see you again, I guess".

I nodded, this was awkward. I decided to just come out with the question they both knew I was thinking.

"Have you heard from Elizabeth"?

"Josh, don't", I felt Matt's hand on my arm. I already knew the answer, I just wanted to make sure.

Devon suddenly looked uncomfortable, I wanted to take my question back.

"I actually did, today. In the coffee house. She told me you guys broke up"?

I couldn't hear him anymore, all I could think was "Elizabeth's back'. After four years of searching, she came back.

"She's here"? I asked, feeling slightly dizzy.

"Um, yeah,she is. Haven't you guys talked"?

Matt started to pull me away, towards his truck.

"Is there something I'm missing, Matt? What's going on"?

"Yes, Elizabeth was in the coffee house. Are you happy now? Does it make you feel better knowing she's here and there's nothing you can do about it? You can't contact her, you can't say anything to her because she's gone and moved on with her life while you're still sitting around waiting for her to come back? Does it"?

I stared at Matt, now sitting beside me in his truck, hands gripping the steering wheel tight, his head down.

He started the engine and pulled out onto the street, driving quickly away from the coffee house. We drove in silence, I had no idea what to say to him. He was probably right, there wasn't a huge chance I would find her.

But I had to try.

-

*Elizabeth's point of view*

I reached the hotel just as my phone started to ring. Pulling it out of my pocket, I saw the familiar picture I put for him on my IPhone's screen. It was a picture I had taken of Josh on my old phone; nine years ago, the morning after graduation. Still zoned out, I didn't check my phone until the next day.

"Elizabeth, it's Josh. Please don't hang up the phone, please just listen. I saw Devon today, and I know you're here in Vancouver. Can you please meet me tomorrow for lunch, one o'clock. Please do the right thing, and I just want to talk, I swear. If you're not comfortable with that, please at least call back. We all miss you, Ellie. I'll wait for, at the deli we used to eat at? Is that ok? Why am I rambling? Fuck."

After that he had ended the message, and I let myself laugh. He hadn't changed, it seemed, in four years. But he was right, I  did come here, I should do the right thing. The problem was, I wasn't sure what was right anymore.

I'm ending it there, mostly because I have no idea how to continue it! Obviously I'm not very good at endings, but please vote and comment, let me know if threre's anything you would like for me to add to the story! xxx