Chapter Thirteen

*Josh's point of view*

*February*

"Ellie"! I called as I opened the front door. "We're back"!

Ellie came around the corner, covered in paint. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tight as I squeezed her waist.

"Did you get groceries"? she asked as she pulled away.

"Yes we did", I replied, peering over my shoulder at Ian.

"Yeah, I just love being a pack mule", Ian muttered.

"You shouldn't have come if you didn't expect me to make you carry everything".

Elizabeth laughed. "Awe, Ian. Give me the bags I'll put them in the kitchen. Are we still going out tonight"?

I nodded, following Ellie to the kitchen. "Ian's picking up Matt and Jamie from the airport in an hour, and I'm going to pick up Mike before the dinner".

"Sounds like a plan. Do I have time to shower"?

"Of course".

She walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Go get Mike. I'll see you soon".

-

"Could you hurry up"?

"Maybe if you stopped screaming at me from the car I'd move faster". 

Mike slammed the passenger side door and did up his seat belt.

"Sorry, I just don't want to make anyone wait. They're probably all back at my apartment".

"You haven't even been gone that long"; he said, turning on the radio.

"I know"; I muttered, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans. "There's a stop I need to make before we head back".

"Where"?

I exhaled, pulling out of the driveway. "A jewelery store".

"May I ask why"?

I took another breath, stretching out the moment. "I need your opinion on an engagement ring".

"No way! I'm so happy for  you"!

"Thanks, Mike. But I haven't told anyone yet. It's a big deal, and I think tonight will be perfect".

"I'm really happy for you, man. But I thought she wasn't ready. You told us at Christmas time she didn't want to jump into anything".

"I know, but it feels so right. I love her, she knows that. And I just think that everything is finally falling into place".

He smiled at me, almost jumping up and down with excitement. "Ok, if that's what you think is the right decision".

"I do, I really do. It's the perfect night to do it. Matt and Jamie are getting back from their honeymoon, everyone important is going to be there. And I think we're ready. I know it is kind of a rush since she just got back a few months ago, but I honestly don't care. I'm proposing to the love of my life tonight".

-

"I'm stuffed"!

A chorus of agreement followed Jamie sitting at the head of the table. I sat in my seat anxiously, waiting for Ellie to come back from the bathroom. I couldn't believe I was actually going to do it, I was so nervous. But I didn't want to think about it too much, even more scared of chickening out.

Suddenly, a tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality. I turned in my seat to see Elizabeth.

"Ellie, hey. Um, I need to ask you something".

"Josh, I need to go home", she said abruptly.

I stood up, checking for the ring in my pocket. "Can we go in a minute? I have something I wanted to ask you".

"It's gonna have to wait, I need to go home. Now".

I stood up, trying to look at her better.

"What's going on, El"?

"I'm not feeling well. Not a big deal, just a stomach ache".

*Elizabeth's point of view*

It was a big deal.

I hated myself for lying to Josh all those months ago, but I felt like there was nothing else I could do. All it would do would be scare him, make him worry. And I wanted three more months of happiness for the both of us. Looking down now at the gorgeous band on my ring finger, I felt the tears coming on. I knew I was going to regret this.

"I just have something, real quick. Then we'll head straight home".

"Josh, I can't wait! I need to go home, and I need to go now".

When he didn't start to leave, I threw my arms up in the air.

"Fuck it, I'll walk. See you later".

"Elizabeth, wait"! he called after me as I walked towards the door. My head was pounding, my stomach threatening to spill out at any moment. I couldn't see straight as I leaned against the wall for support.

"Ellie"!

I think it was around there when I fainted.

Ughhh.

This is not how I wanted it to turn out, but I really want to finish the story. It all got really rushed and everything happened really fast and asdfghjkl.

I notice now I make people carry stuff for Josh a lot... 

Matt and Jamie's wedding was so rushed too ughh this isn't what I wanted but right now I don't care.

I think two more chapters and an epilogue thingy and then this story is done :) I keep repeating this and then after i write it I'm just too lazy to erase it ugh

Thank you for the total of 170 reads guys, it means the world.

Update this weekend probably?

hugs and kisses from moi xoxo