Chapter Six

*Josh's point of view*

The next morning when I woke up, I felt better than I had in four years. Three days ago I had eaten lunch with Elizabeth, and we had been hanging out non-stop. In a group, of course, but it was nice to have her near me again.

I walked out of my room, pulling a t-shirt over my head. Matt sat at the counter, with a cereal bowl and the newspaper in hand.

"Jamie still asleep"? I asked as I turned on the coffee machine.

He nodded, not looking up from his cereal. Jamie was his girlfriend of three years, and I was pretty sure he was planning on proposing to her."Is Elizabeth coming over again today"? he asked me, getting up to put his dishes in the sink.

"I'm pretty sure, she didn't say anything about hanging out today though"... I trailed off, grabbing my phone from my room and dialing her number. Straight to voice mail, shit. Leaving her a quick message, I put the phone back down and walked back to the kitchen to eat my cereal.

After breakfast, I checked my phone to see if Elizabeth had relplied, with no luck. All day I sat around at home, worrying about her. I got lots of nervous stares from Jamie and Matt, watching me as I watched my phone.

After they ate lunch, Jamie sat down beside me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"Josh, hunny, you need to un clench your jaw. You're gonna hurt yourself".

I squeezed her arm, reaching for my phone again. Still no reply.

"God, I've had her back for 3 days and I'm already getting too attached. Am I crazy"?

She laughed, pinching my cheek. Jamie was a really sweet girl, always smiling, laughing. We had grown close in the past 3 years, and she was like a sister to me now. It was obvious why Matt loved her, they really are the perfect couple. 

Matt walked in from the kitchen, typing something into his phone.

"Jamie and I are going out for a while, don't forget to pack; we leave in 2 days".

I had forgotten we still had three shows left. Crap.

I walked with Jamie towards the front door. "I guess I'll do that now since Elizabeth wont call back".

"Do you know where she's staying"? Jamie asked from the from the doorway as she shrugged on a jacket.

"Ya I do, but-".

"But what? There's nothing stopping you from going over there, and it'll save you from moping around the house all day".

I looked over at her, hair falling into my eyes. But her puppy dog stare broke me, and I agreed to go.

"I'm doing this for you", I said as I pushed myself past Jamie and Matt towards the stairs.

-

*Elizabeth's point of view*

The pain

Oh dear lord it was terrible. I don't think it was ever this bad. The migraine was effecting my entire body, sending me into waves of nausea and dizziness. I was also so cold I was scared to get up out of bed, so I couldn't get any more medication for my head or call the doctor.

I had laid in bed all day, unable to get up.I hadn't even turned my phone on, forgetting to even call into work. But right now, none of that mattered. I was too focused on not dying.

Suddenly, 3 knocks sounded at the front door, like 3 gunshots going straight through my head. There was no way I could get up to answer it, so I just ignored whoever it was waiting outside. They would eventually go away if I didn't answer. After a minute I heard the click of the doorknob being turned, and the squeak if the hinges as it was swung open. Oh crap...