Chapter 14: Apology

The two of you made your way out of the mess hall. Someone put Killer's wallet inside his helmet, and House handed it off to you as the second mate of the ship waltzed the two of you out. You were practically engulfed by his hands, pressed against him, parts of you disappearing into the wild mane of hair that was a little wilder without the helmet on.

"I'm okay," you murmur softly, the emotion of his kisses sinking into you.

"Don't." He's practically growling as he works his way through the halls to his room. "Ever do that, again."

"I – haaa," your voice quivers as he begins to kiss your neck and shoulders. "C-couldn't risk the crew."

"We're stronger."

"You d-don't know that." You're struggling to hold onto him and his helmet as he enters into his room, nearly slamming the door. His hand twines through yours, slipping the helmet out of your grasp and letting it fall unceremoniously to the floor.

"We won't lose." He insists, almost sounding cocky like Kid usually does. "Not to anyone."

He pulls your shirt off as he sets you on the bed, laying your back against the mattress and caging you in the same motion. His hair cascades down around you, sharp eyes boring into your soul.

"CP9 is very strong, and-." Killer starts pulling your shoes off and you can feel the heat in your face making you a little dizzy. "-and w-we agreed that the ca-captain," he begins to pull your pants off, lifting you up effortlessly as he listens to you. "Is the priority, so-."

"Are you going to tell Kid you think he's weaker than some government dog?" Killer interrupts, looking at you almost harshly.

You look away, not sure how to respond. "He... Lucci... I can't help it." You admit, sitting up and looking over at him apologetically. "I'm afraid of them. No, that's wrong. I'm only afraid of Lucci."

"I feel like I need to go back and deal with him." Killer says. His voice is gentle, but there's an edge to it. Frustration, fear, relief.

"... Even if I beat him with my own hands, I don't know that it would help." You admit as Killer has you leaning back again. Soft kisses fan against your stomach as you practically disappear into his hair.

Squirming a little bit, you moan and brush your hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry I scared you."

"We were planning on leveling the city when you came back." He admits, face shielded from you by his hair, lips worshiping you from behind the veil of thick blonde locks.

"The people of Water 7 wouldn't have deserved that." You muse, moving his hair aside and catching his gaze. Something in his eyes makes your heart skip a beat.

"Sorry little one, but they're not part of the equation." He explains, leaning in closer to you and caressing your face as he continues. "There's the crew, and then there's everyone else, and when someone on the crew is in trouble, there's no concern for everyone else. We tried being a little kinder about it at one point, but it cost us dearly."

He leans down, nearly capturing your lips, blue eyes sinking you. "I won't pay that price ever again."

"I won't die." You say softly as he closes the distance between you.

His lips press against yours almost painfully before you both open up to let the other in. His hand slips under you, fingers barely bothered by the hooks of your bra before they spread across your back. His hand is hot, and the tips of his fingers seem to want to sink into you. His other hand slips past the band of your underwear, calloused finger hitting your clit and causing you to arch and break the kiss, gasping against the sudden pleasure.