Part 2

TW: Mentions of Rape

I opened the door to our apartment and heard Sophie shout out.

"Mummy!" She says running up to me. I smile.

3 years ago I was going out with a guy called Jack. I thought it was love, but I later found out he was just using me. We were getting serious and he wanted to take the next step in the relationship and I wasn't ready. We were at a party one night, and he was drunk, I try to blame what he did on the alcohol but I know it wasn't that. I kept telling him to stop, but he kept going. He ended up raping me.

A couple of weeks later I found out that I was pregnant with Sophie. I left school, and got held back a year. I didn't want to get rid of her, so I had her 8 months later. Everyone around school started to call me names and blamed what happened on me. It got too much and a couple of weeks ago we moved. We should have moved sooner but my mum didn't have the money. When I go to school I take Sophie to day care for a couple of hours each day and then my mum picks her up. My dad died when I was very young and my mum changes her boyfriend every week. When she comes home after she has gone out she is usually drunk. I look down at my little girl. Luckily she looks like me and nothing like her father. She has my light brown hair and brown eyes.

I bend down and pick her up.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"Good, Granny was on her special medicine again."

Not again.

"Why don't you go and find something we can do together, and I'll come and find you in a minute." I say putting her down. She smiles nodding and walks off. I walk into our small kitchen where I know mum will be.

"HEY! It's Bambi. How was your day? Any hot guys?" She said slurring her words.

"I leave your granddaughter, my daughter, with you for the day and you get drunk off your face!?" I shout at her. "You will not do it again while you are looking after her, OK? I don't care what you do when you aren't looking after her but stay sober when you're looking after Sophie." I say before storming out of the kitchen.

*^*^*^*

"What do you want to do then?" I ask Sophie sitting down on the floor next to her in her room.

"Frozen!" She screams clapping her hands together. I laugh. That evening we watched Frozen, I made her dinner, then I read a story to her and put her to bed. I was about to leave the room thinking she was asleep when she called out to me.

"Mummy, where's my daddy? Everyone else at day care has a daddy and I don't." What do I tell her?

"Your daddy is still in England. Me and your daddy were together a couple of years ago and then we stopped loving each other. It doesn't mean you get any less love. If anything it means you get more. Twice as much from me and Granny loves you as well. One day you will get another daddy who will make me happy and love you more than your real daddy would ever have, OK?" I smile down at her.

"Yep, can I have another daddy quickly?" she asks. I laugh.

"I'll try. Now go to sleep." I say kissing her forehead. I tiptoe out of her room. I close the door quietly sighing when it's shut. I still have the homework to do that I was set earlier. I grab something small to eat and then go to my room. When I walk past my mum's room I don't hear anything. She's probably gone out again with another one of her boyfriends. I finally finish my homework and turn my light out way past midnight.

*^*^*^*

I wake the next morning to my alarm. I turn over and pick my phone up and turn it off. I sigh getting up. I get changed ready for school then walk to Sophie's room to wake her up. On the way I can't hear my mum. I groan. She stayed over at her boyfriend's. I wake Sophie up, get her dressed and give her breakfast. My mum probably won't be back until late tonight.