Part 36

The boys take in turns to come and see me, and I kept telling them as it got later that they didn't need to be here, but they kept refusing to leave until I did. At some point I must have drifted off because the next thing I know, my mum is calling my name and squeezing my hand. I open my eyes and am met with a blurry scene. I hear a beeping and then remember where I am. I quickly get my vision back and look over to where my mum is in the hospital bed.

"What happened?" She asks, her voice slightly raspy.

"Why don't you tell me mum?!" I ask. She blinks a couple of times, and then replies.

"I can't remember..." I got angry at this, she needed to explain why she did it.

"Bullshit!" She pauses.

"I just had a small amount of Heroin."

"A small amount? You had to have your stomach pumped!" I exclaim. She bites her lip.

"You don't know how hard it is." She says through tears.

"Yeah you're right, I don't. I don't know how hard it is bringing up a child by yourself, I don't know what it's like to be bullied because of it. I don't know what it's like to be pointed at and whispered about. I don't know how hard it is to see someone ruin their life. You're absolutely right mum, I don't." I tell her.

"Bambi... I'm sorry..." She starts.

"No, I don't want to hear it. You need to stop this, I can't take it anymore." I plead with her through my own tears. "I know you disapprove, but please stop destroying your life and everyone else's around you." I say wiping the tears away. "Maybe this is the best place for you. You need help." I tell her getting up and leaving the room. I slump against the wall, drained from all the emotion. I let the tears flow freely. She knew what she was doing, and didn't care about the side effects. She isn't the same woman that told me she would never touch drugs. Is it all my fault? Maybe everyone was right, maybe I brought it on myself, but I would never go back and do it differently, especially deciding to keep Sophie. I would never get rid of her, I would and will continue to do everything in my power to keep her. I take a deep breath, calming down, and wipe away the tears. I give myself another minute before I go and find the boys.

*^*^*

When I enter the waiting room they all look up at me expectantly. I give them my best smile.

"She's awake." I tell them.

"Is she OK?" Levi asks. I nod, not wanting to explain our fight.

"What about you?" Ashton asks. I have to hold down the tears that want to resurface.

"I just want to go home." I say around the lump in my throat. They all nod in understanding, not asking what happened. They all gather their stuff and follow me out of the room. I see my mum's doctor walking towards her room and I leave the boys and go and stop him.

"I'm just leaving." I explain to him. "Is there anything you can do while she is here, to help her with her alcohol and drug problem?" I ask him. He gives me a warm smile.

"Yes, we'll work with her on it, there is probably a reason, so she will probably have talking therapy sessions as well." His smile goes down slightly. "It does mean higher bills though." My heart drops. Bills? In England health care was free. I didn't have the money to pay for it, my mum didn't either, I think her work gave up on her. I'm surprised our visa was even accepted when we applied. My mum said before we moved that my dad's family lived out here, but didn't tell me where or anything else, so that might have helped get us in. I don't think I've met any of my dad's family, and right now I don't want to. They left us when we needed them. Maybe when Sophie is older, and I don't have everything with my mum to deal with.

"That's OK." I hear Trystan say from beside me. I open my mouth to object.

"No, b-"

"Don't worry about the bills." Ryder says to the doctor. The doctor smiles at me before walking into my mum's room.

"I can't pay the bills." I tell them.

"You're not going to, we are." They say at the same time. They look at each other and laugh at how they said it at the same time. I shake my head at them.

"No, I'll get a job."

"We're going to pay them. End of discussion." Ryder tells me. I open my mouth to object again.

"I said end of discussion meaning we aren't going to talk about it anymore." Ryder says poking me in the side. I giggle and sigh.

"Thank you, but I'm paying you back." I tell them. Trystan shakes his head smiling.

"Nope, I'm not accepting it."

"But..."

"La, la, la. I can't hear you." Trystan says walking faster. I look to Ryder but he shakes his head.

"I didn't hear you. What was it you said about paying someone?" He says winking. I groan.

"Fine. Thank you!"

"There you go! It wasn't hard was it?" He asks. He leans into me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "You're welcome." He adds.

"Why is Trystan acting like a child?" Jesse asks as we get back to where the boys were waiting for us

"They're paying for my mum to be in here, and wouldn't allow me to pay them back." I explain.

"Ah."

"Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm starving." Brody says. I realise then that I am too.

"You're always hungry... what about you bella ragazza? Are you?" Storm asks. I nod.

"Yay! Food!" Brody takes my hand and pulls me out into the reception area and to the doors. I look out and it's getting dark.

"How long have we been here?" I ask.

"It's 7.30. So about 4 hours."

"Where are we going?" Levi asks.

"Bambi said she wanted to go home, so why don't we have take out?" Colton suggests.

"We don't hav-"

"Yeah! What are we having?" Brody asks loudly, interrupting my objections. I sigh but listen to the debates. We end up deciding on Chinese, after they checked if that was OK with me. We decide to split up, one car getting the take out, while I follow the others back to Trystan and Ryder's, who insisted that I stayed over as they didn't like me alone in the apartment where Terry could enter, and to be honest neither did I. As I drive I realise that this would be mine and Sophie's first night apart. I reassure myself that she will be fine, and I'll see her in the morning when I pick her up to take her to the beach.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)