Part 31

I couldn't look at the boys for the first couple of minutes. There were 12 of us to fit around a table for five. The boys said that Sophie, Ilario, Storm's mum and I should have a seat each. I reluctantly agreed to a seat, with the condition of Sophie sitting on my lap, so two of the boys could have a seat. I thank Storm's mum as she serves Sophie and me. Colton sits across from us and looks back at Storm expectantly, patting his lap.

"Come on then Stormy, what are you waiting for?"

"I'm not sitting on your lap." He says through gritted teeth. I can tell he is holding back.

"Stormy, you can sit on my lap." Sophie says. Storm smiles.

"Sweetie, eat your tea." I say. She shrugs her shoulders and then starts to eat her dinner, using her hands to help it onto her fork. I smile and shake my head.

"Well Storm, if you're not taking up Colton's offer, I will." Levi says. Colton's eyes widen, looking like a rabbit in the headlights of an oncoming car, but he doesn't object. I press my lips together to stop a giggle coming out. Levi falls onto Colton's lap. A 'oof' sound comes from Colton.

"You OK there Colt?" Brody asks, not hiding his amusement.

"Yep." A strained voice replies.

"OK, so you won't mind if I take a seat then?" He asks, walking towards them.

"YES!" They both shout, before Levi gets off Colton's lap and sits on the seat next to him. Brody pouts and then walks back to where he was, winking at me. I giggle and start to eat my dinner. The boys stand around the room eat while talking with each other. Storm's mum makes conversation with me and Sophie while Ilario sits next to her eating quietly. I finish my dinner and Ashton sees, taking my bowl, putting it in the sink. I thank him quietly and watch Sophie finish her dinner. When she is finished she turns to me clapping her messy hands together.

"All done?" I ask. She nods and then puts her hands onto my shirt, giggling. I sigh.

"You're a little monkey." I say looking down at the orange handprint.

"We better clean you up then." I say. Storm's mum smiles.

"I'll do it if she doesn't mind." She says, standing up and extending a hand to Sophie who jumps down and takes it.

"So what are we doing after dinner?" Jesse asks.

"Sophie and I should go home. I guess I need to put this for a wash now, anyway."

"Ok, I'll drive you back after dinner is finished, as I'm going that way." Ashton says.

"No. I don't want to make you leave so soon, I'll get a taxi."

"I don't mind, I insist." He says. I nod reluctantly and smile in thanks. Sophie comes back in and runs up to me showing me her clean hands. I smile at her and stand up.

"Thank you Mrs Giamatti for everything." I say. She smiles and walks forward to hug me.

"No problem at all, you are a pleasure who is always welcome here, and call me Lia." She says. I smile at her as I pull away.

"OK sweetie, time to say goodbye." I say down to Sophie. For a minute she looks as if she's going to refuse and pouts slightly, but then she walks to Ryder, who picks her up. Her arms wrap tightly around his neck. He smiles.

"See you soon, little star." He says. He then puts her down so she can say goodbye to everyone else.

*^*^*

After everyone has said their goodbyes, including me, Ashton drives us back to the apartment. When we arrive at the complex, I just sit looking up at the building for a minute.