Petrified and Tom Riddle's Diary

Astoria and I got back to Hogwarts a few days ago. Apparently quite a bit happened over break at Hogwarts, Harry,Ron and Hermione finished their polyjuice potion and it was successful,well at least it was for Harry and Ron, poor Hermione accidentally mistook cat hair for person hair and now she's stuck has part cat with whiskers and tail and everything, it was hilarious. It took all my self control not to start laughing when I saw her in the hospital wing, Harry and Ron have been bringing her homework. It's taking Madame Pomfrey a while to figure out how to turn her back.

In other news Ginny has been surprisingly attentive lately, she seems to have dropped the weird Diary phase, though she was still a bit jumpy and would not speak about the Diary at all, when we tried to bring it up she would either change the subject,or get very snappy and agitated about it until we dropped it. She seems to want to pretend that it never existed at all,which was really strange, I didn't understand what the big deal was if it was just a hobby or a phase that she is now over, maybe she was embarrassed about it. I decided to leave it be and was just happy to have my friend back.

Lockhart the idiot also decided to start making students fight each other in his silly little dueling club and  Apparently made professor Snape get involved in the thing and help him choose teams.  One of the two idiots got the bright idea to team up Harry and Malfoy. Unsurprisingly it did not end well, the two got out of hand and started full on attacking each other not just dueling. Malfoy did some weird spell that summoned a snake, and Lockhart the idiot also decided to then try and make the snake dissappear, but only managed to fling the thing into the air and drop it, which only managed to make it angry. The angry snake tried to attack students and Harry stepped in and told the snake to stop, because he can communicate with Snakes somehow, but apparently he wasn't speaking English, he was speaking parseltonge, snake language and now the whole school thinks that he is the heir of Slytherin. On the bright side Fred and George seemed to find the whole thing hysterical and would bow to Harry whenever they saw him in the corridors and yell at people to make way for the heir of Slytherin. Harry wasn't too impressed with the whole thing.

Hermione was back to normal soon enough and the three of them became determined to try and figure out who the real heir of Slytherin was, since I was right and it wasn't Draco Malfoy, I could've spared them the whole polyjuice potion thing and told them that and I did tell them that,but no I couldn't possibly have any idea what I'm talking about. They did learn something useful at least the Chamber of Secrets was last opened 50 years ago and a muggleborn girl died. It's not much to go on, but it's something at least. 

One day I was walking with the trio, talking to Harry about the whole Heir thing and that he should just ignore the kids who are mean to him,because they're not worth it, when we came across a flooded corridor, Moaning Myrtle was throwing a hissy fit and flooded the bathroom. We went in to see what the fuss was about and apparently she was in a state because someone tried to flush a book down the toilet and it fell through Myrtle who was sitting in the U-bend and she was under the impression that someone purposely threw a book at her. I just rolled my eyes,she was so ridiculous and overdramatic. Ron Weasley decided to then open his mouth and make the genius comment that it can't hurt if someone throws something at Myrtle because she's a ghost and it'll just go right threw her, which of course sent her into a rage. When we looked around we found a little leather bound diary that looked suspiciously like the thing Ginny has been scribbling in for the whole year, but it was blank inside,so it couldn't be the same one. On the back the name Tom Marvolo Riddle was ingraved along with the date 1943 which was the year when the Chamber of Secrets was previously opened. Harry decided to go over it, to see if there's some hidden ink or message or something in it, because this Tom Riddle person might know something about  the Chamber since they were at Hogwarts that year.

I met up with Harry,Ron and Hermione during a free period the next day and Harry told u that he was sucked into the diary, and he was shown a memory of Tom Riddle basically telling him that Hagrid was the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago and unleashed the monster which is apparently a giant spider.  That story made absolutely no sense whatsoever, since I'm pretty sure that the giant spider is an Acromantula witch is certainly not a magical monster who petrifies muggleborns, they eat humans yes, but only ones stupid enough to wander into their nests, like most wild animals, and they certainly don't live in castles. Hagrid wouldn't be able to open the Chamber anyway because only the heir of Slytherin can open it, and that would be a pureblood wizard student, not a half giant who can't even do magic properly, because he was apparently expelled in his 3d year because the ministry was stupid enough to believe it. Plus Hagrid would never do something like that. I mentioned this to them and Surprisingly Ron agreed with me, saying that They couldn't possibly believe Hagrid would do something like that and that he shouldn't believe that Tom Riddle dude because they don't know anything about him. I definitely agree on that part, he seems very untrustworthy, I have the sneaking suspicion that that Diary is the same one Ginny had and it made her act all crazy, so there must be something wrong with it. Harry still wanted to go talk to Hagrid about it to see if he knows something, when Hagrid appeared, carrying a dead rooster. He said he's been finding them all over the place.

We decided to go back into the castle when we saw a bunch of spiders behaving very strangely, Harry commented on it and Ron backed away saying that he didn't like spiders, I was inclined to agree with him on that part, I hated them too.  Hermione suddenly announced that she has an idea and needs to go to the Library and grabbed my hand saying that she needs my input on something and dragged me off before I could even properly register what was going on. Harry's next Quiddich game was in a few hours and I wanted to go meet up with the girls to go to the pitch together, but Hermione dragged me to the Library and handed me a hand mirror. I was very confused at this point."Uh thanks Hermione,but  what exactly am I supposed to do with this?" I asked. "I'll tell you in a minute,I just need to find this book." she said. I waited for a few minutes until she pulled out a book about magical beasts known and mythical. "Think I may have an idea what the creature in the Chamber is."she said. She flipped until she found the page about the basalisk. I suddenly understood what the mirror was for. It said that it kills by looking it's victims in the eye, and that is why no one has died yet, because they only saw it's reflection, in water, through a camera or through the ghosts. "I think that it's using the pipes to move around the school" she said and scribbled it on the page before tearing it out. "That must mean that the Chamber's entrance is somewhere in one of the bathrooms, I bet you it's moaning Myrtle's since she died there."I agreed. We looked at each other. "We need to tell Harry and Ron." "If we hurry we can catch the Quiddich game and tell them after."I said. Hermione grabbed the torn out page crumpled it up and we left to go find Harry and Ron, using the mirror to look around just in case. We were halfway through the castle when we heard something behind us, we quickly pulled out the mirror and caught a glimpse of a pair of glowing Yellow eyes before everything went Dark.