Waking up and leaving for Summer Vacation

3d person pov

A short while after Lucine and Hermione were petrified, Professor Snape who was running late to the Quiddich game due to grading papers,  came across the two girls lying petrified in the hallway, Lucine clutching a little silver hand mirror. As soon as he saw who the two girls was he ran over to them as fast as he could and immediately knelt next to Lucy praying that she wasn't dead, he quickly felt her pulse and let out a sigh of relief. After assuring that Lucine was alive and only petrified, he went over and checked Hermione Granger's pulse, she was also alive. He picked Lucine up in his arms and levitated Hermione Granger and carried them to the Hospital wing calling for Madame pomfrey and sending a message to Dumbledore and McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall after also looking over the girls went to the Quiddich pitch to cancel the game for the day and fetch Harry potter and Ron Weasley to inform them of Hermione Granger and Lucine Potter's petrification.

The two boys rushed to the Hospital wing as soon as Professor McGonagall told them about the girls. Professor McGonagall showed them the mirror that they were found with, which both boys found quite odd since neither Lucy nor Hermione were really the vain type of girls who carried a mirror around wherever they went. Harry sat by his sister's bed for hours until Madame Pomfrey made him go back to his common room for curfew.

Soon after Harry Potter left to go to his common room Severus Snape replaced him by Lucine's bedside he brushed her dark hair out of her face that looked so much like her mother's that it ached. Her blue eyes were just staring straight ahead unblinking. She was so still he had to keep checking her pulse just to make sure that she was alive. He knew that it wasn't permanent and that Pamona Sprout's mandrake draught was nearly finished then she will be fine, but that didn't stop him from worrying. It soon became a habit he would stay with her every second he could spare, when he wasn't teaching he would spend every moment by her bedside, bringing his papers with and grading them there, reading to her, telling her about the general going ons in the school and about how all of her friends came to visit her, and even sleeping in the chair next to her bed hoping that the girl who has become like a daughter to him would wake up soon.

Lucine's pov

I woke up to sunlight streaming through the window, I was so stiff. It took me a few seconds to figure out where I was, I was in the hospital wing, it all came back to me, the Library,Hermione,the glowing Yellow eyes that must've been the basalisk. I sat up and looked around me, the bed next to me was empty. Hermione must already be awake and probably went to her common room, to let Harry and Ron know about what we found out, I looked to my right and saw Professor Snape asleep in a chair next to my bed. I smiled and tried to get up without waking him,but I was so stiff from lying in the same position for goodness knows how long and probably from falling on the hard floor in the hallway, so I winced the second I tried to move, waking Profess Snape. He grabbed me nearly hugged me to death the second he saw I was awake. I wrapped my arms around him too, and nearly cried at how good it felt to be hugged like that. I imagined that it must be what it feels like to be hugged by your dad. Harry has hugged me plenty growing up,but it wasn't the same. He pulled away after a few minutes and I quickly put on a smile and wiped any trace of sadness off of my expression. "Are you alright?How do you feel?I was so worried Lucy." Professor Snape asked. I chuckled at the 3 sentences at once and reassured him that I was fine,just stiff. He looked relieved. "How long have I been in here?" I asked. "A few weeks, Madame Pomfrey gave you and Miss Granger the Mandrake draught last night, you guys were unpetrified and sleeping regularly. Miss Granger woke up an or so ago,she's getting ready for the end of year feast."Professor Snape answered. "What about the Chamber, Hermione and I might know what the monster is."I told him. "Yes we know,your brother and Mr Weasley found the crumbled piece of paper in miss Granger's hand, they found the entrance to the Chamber and your brother killed the basalisk and defeated the heir,who turned out to be Tom Riddle aka Lord Voldemort when he was a teenager, he managed to preserve a memory of his 16 year old self in a diary and used it to possess a student and force them to open the Chamber and unleash the monster." Professor Snape explained. Tom Riddle is Voldemort and the heir of Slytherin, I knew there was a reason  I didn't trust him. I thought. "Who did Tom Riddle posess?" I asked hesitantly thinking that I already knew the answer since he mentioned the diary, but I hoped that I was wrong. He sighed and said sympathetically "Ginny Weasley." Poor Ginny I thought, no wonder she was acting so strange,she was possessed. "Is she alright?She won't be expelled will she? She didn't know what she was doing." I defended my best friend. "No she will not be expelled, her parents were called in and the situation was explained to them, they're going to take her home early. Otherwise she is fine, the diary wad destroyed and your brother saved her life. She just insisted on staying until you woke up to say goodbye." He explained. I nodded relieved and asked him to take me to her, he held out his hand and helped me off the bed, I was slightly dizzy at first, but regained my footing quickly.

Professor Snape walked me to professor McGonagall's classroom where Ginny and Mr and Mrs Weasley waited with Professor Dumbledore and professor McGonagall. Ginny ran up to me and hugged me as soon as she saw me. I hugged her back. "You're finally awake." She said. I smiled at her and held her hands. "Yes, you won't believe how stiff I am."I joked. She laughed then looked down guiltily "I'm so sorry Lucy, I did this to you,but I swear I didn't mean to." She said. "Oh sweetheart it's not your fault, you were possessed by that ridiculous diary." I reassured her with a laugh. We both laughed at that. After I made sure that she was okay and knew that nothing was her fault, we said Goodbye and she went home with her parents and professor Snape escourted me to the feast, before leaving to take his seat at the teachers table with Professor Dumbledore and professor McGonagall.

As soon as I stepped into the Great Hall I was ambushed with hugs and concerns from my friends and brother. After I reassured them that I was alright I went and sat at the Ravenclaw table with Luna. Astoria went and sat at the Slytherin table next to Daphne who seemed to keep an extra keen eye on her sister, as if the events of the past year made her realise just how  precious her sister is to her and how easily she could have lost her. Ella sat at the hufflepuff table next to Cedric who was doing the same thing with her. Harry was also glancing at me every now and then from the Griffindor table to make sure that I'm alright and still there.

Dumbledore made a speech, we ate our fill and soon enough it was time to leave for the train, luckily Luna packed my trunk for me,so that I didn't have to rush to get everything packed before the train leaves. I sat with the girls in our usual train compartment and chatted about our summer plans, and soon enough we were at the platform and I said a quick goodbye to Harry and wished him goodluck with the Dursley's and promised to write every day, before leaving with Ella,Cedric and their parents. It was going to be an Amazing Summer.