Dudley's Birthday

Lucine's POV

10 years ago my parents died and me and my brother Harry were sent to live with our Aunt and Uncle. They treat us horribly, me less than Harry, I don't know why, maybe it's because I am a girl, or maybe it's because I look like a carbon copy of my mother except I have black hair and ice blue eyes instead of fiery red hair and emerald green eyes. My Aunt told me once that I get my hair colour from my father and my eyes from my grandmother, my mom and aunt Petunia's mother, but other than that I could be my moms double. Harry has too do pretty much much everything in the house, from cooking to cleaning to laundry. He has too sleep in a cupboard under the stairs, wear our cousin Dudley's old clothes. Dudley and Harry is the same age, but where Harry is very skinny and small Dudley is big and very beefy, so his clothes are much too big for Harry. I however only have to help Harry with meals and the laundry and I have my own room. I also have my own clothes because I am a girl, so I don't have to wear Dudley's hand me downs. Our aunt and uncle are very mean to us, they barely us, though they do feed me more than Harry, and they use any excuse to send Harry to his cupboard without meals, now and then when they feel the need to pick on me they'll send me to my room with only one meal. Our cousin thrives off of bullying us, and his parents encourage him, but he does get scolded if he goes to far with me, but he doesn't treat me as bad as Harry, he will never physically injure me. Neither Harry nor I remember our parents, Harry sometimes has these weird dreams about our parents, but it's barely anything, I on the other hand have nothing, which is understandable because I was only a few months old when they died, and according to aunt Petunia I wasn't in the car with our parents when they crashed like Harry, they don't know where I was,but sometimes I have these fleeting images in dreams about this man, I don't know what he looks like, or who he is, but I know that I have some kind of attachment to him and sometimes I find myself missing him, a stranger who I have never met, or I don't remember meeting, maybe he was some friend of my parents or something that used to play with me, I don't know, but I wish I could remember him. Today is Dudley's birthday,which means he is going to be extra nasty. Harry and I have to make breakfast. I was rudely awakened from my wonderful dream about the mystery guy by aunt Petunia shaking me and yelling at me to get up and go make breakfast. We just finished serving everyone breakfast when Dudley came down. He took one look at his presents, which were covering the entire kitchen table and asked how many there were, it is the only time that he knows how to count, when he wants to make sure that he has enough presents,. He then started screaming when he found out there was twi less presents than last year, he started throwing a tantrum and fake cried to get sympathy from his mother. Harry and I quickly ate our breakfast and made ourselves scarce, using the excuse of doing the dishes, before Dudley could pick on us. His parents quickly agreed to buy him three more presents when they go out, so Dudley stopped his temper tantrum and contently opened his presents. After the present fiasco we all went to the Zoo, because no one was available to watch me and Harry and they didn't want to leave us home alone, for fear that we might tear the house down,like really why would we tear down the house, that's just stupid, we're kids not wild animals. Atthe Zoo Harry started talking to a snake. It was really weird, then the weirdest thing happened, Dudley saw that the snake was responding to Harry, and he pushed Harry to the floor to get a closer look, then the glass from the cage just vanished and Dudley fell into the snake's cage,then the glass somehow reappeared trapping Dudley in the cage,and releasing the snake in the proses. Both Dudley and aunt Petunia freaked out. Uncle Vernon called the manager and got someone to open the cage and get Dudley out. I don't know what happened exactly or how but it was really funny. Somehow uncle Vernon decided that everything was somehow Harry's fault. I think this time however it really was Harry's doing, though I do not know how. Back home we were shoved into Harry's closet. While we were sitting on his makeshift bed I asked him "Harry how did you make the glass vanish and then reappear, and why were you talking to a snake?" "I honestly don't know Lucy, one minute the glass was there and I remember feeling angry with Dudley for shoving me and for bothering a helpless creature that just wanted to be left alone and then the glass was gone and came back again,almost like magic or something, and as for the snake somehow it could understand me and I could understand it."" we'll that is strange." I replied. Harry just nodded. The next day at breakfast Uncle Vernon told Harry to get the mail, and I went with him, so I wouldn't have to be in the same room as Dudley. "I swear Dudley gets more rotten each year." I told Harry while helping him sort through the mail. "yeah he does." Harry agreed."Atleast that thing with him getting trapped in the snake cage at the Zoo was funny." I joked. Harry laughed at the memory. I was currently sorting through the mail when I came across a letter that was addressed to Harry. "Hey Harry, I think you got a letter." I told him. "what, let me see." he said and I handed him the letter. He stared at it while we went to deliver the Dursleys letters. "don't let them see it Harry, they'll take it." I whispered to Harry, but I was too late Dudley already saw it and shouted to his parents that Harry had a letter. So of course Vernon took it, but the look on Vernon and Petunia's faces when they saw the seal was strange. The next thing that happened was just as weird, they shoved all three of us out into the hallway and locked the door. Dudley was trying to find out what was going on but even he, the Golden child, didn't get an answer. While we were in the hallway Harry and Dudley were fighting trying to see through the keyhole. I tried to listen to what they were saying,but I only caught a few words that didn't make sense. They were saying something about thinking this day would never come, something about mine and Harry 's parents, freak and some other gibberish. After a while they sent Harry to his cupboard under the stairs and me to my bedroom. Harry wasn't allowed out and was sentenced to no meals for a week, while I was still allowed to have all three meals with them, that I had to make, but ionly got leftovers, which was next to nothing, but I was smart, I made exra food enough for two people and as soon as I finished the food I put enough food for me and Harry in two tapperwear lunch boxes and hid boxes , before they could see, then I served them. Afterwards I ate my leftovers that they let me have, washed the dishes and went to bed. that night when they were asleep l snuck out of my room, into the kitchen and took out the food I hid for me and Harry. I opened Harry's cupboard climbed inside, gave him his food, and took out mine. "Thanks Lucy, what would I do without you." Harry said. "starve that's what." I answered. Harry laughed and we are together in peace. When we were finished, I said goodnight to Harry, took the Tupperware lunch boxes washed them quickly and put them back in their places so Petunia wouldn't notice and snuck back up to my room.