Conversation

The rest of The train ride went smoothly, Remus didn't come back to our Compartment,which I saw a bit dissapointed about. He was probably busy with the driver, then likely went to sit in the teacher's carraige. Anyway, we made it to Hogwarts in one piece. Ginny and I met up with Ella,Astoria and Luna when we got off the train, we took a carriage together, and spent the time time catching up. I filled them in on what happened in our Compartment with the dementor and the new professor chasing it away. I decided to wait to tell the girls about the dreams/memories until I've talked to Remus and know exactly what is is going on between us.

It Started pouring with rain about halfway through the carriage ride from Hogsmeade which meant that we all got soaking wet as soon as we exited the carriages. Astoria who spent about an hour curling her hair that morning was less than thrilled about it and was complaining all the way to the great hall, even though professor McGonagall was waiting and dried us with a spell as soon as we stepped foot inside the castle her hair was still ruined. "Astoria, your hair looks fine, I garuntee you that nobody is going to look at your hair, it's 8 o clock at night and everybody is half asleep."Ella tried to sooth her. Ginny just laughed at her, all too used to her antics. Luna, poor oblivious Luna told her that her hair looks perfectly Average, which caused Astoria to nearly bite the poor girl's head off. "I don't want my hair to look average Luna! If I did I wouldn't have spent an hour curling it into perfect ringlets this morning!" She yelled. I sighed. "Astoria, we live in England and go to school in Scotland, it rains more often than not, so unfortunately you'll have to get used to your hair getting wet sometimes." I told her as we were walking into the great hall. She grumbled something under her breath and we all just laughed before going our separate ways to our house tables. I saw Astoria fall angrily into a seat next to Daphne at the Slytherin table, still complaining about her hair and her sister trying to console her and keep herself from laughing at the same time.

I sat at the Ravenclaw table next to Luna who was telling me a story about the creature her and her dad were looking for over the summer. I looked up at the teacher's table and saw Remus sitting next to Professor Snape, who looked less than thrilled, more so than usual. Remus was having a conversation with professor McGonagall on his right. He looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back, before giving Luna my attention.

After the feast ended and the food dissapeared, Dumbledore gave his usual start of term notices, when Quiddich tryouts will be, Filch's rules,the Forbidden forest being out of bounds etc. He then announced Remus as the new DADA professor and we all clapped for him. Professor Dumbledore also announced that the Care of Magical Creatures professor is apparently retiring and Hagrid is taking their place,which was great, and really nice for Hagrid,especially after the events of last year. I'm sure Harry,Ron and Hermione are thrilled since they're taking Care of Magical Creatures this year.

After the feast ended I went up to Ravenclaw Tower with Luna and Showered and changed into my pajamas before getting into bed, hardly able to wait for tomorrow when I'll get to see Remus.

The next morning I got up early, I showered and dressed in pale blue jeans,a fuzzy white sweater with white sneakers. I charm and curled my hair lightly and put it half up half down and tied it back with a sky blue hair ribbon and made my way down to breakfast. None of the girls were there yet,they all decided to sleep in, as usual Hermione was also up and the only one of the group at the Griffindor table, Harry and Ron were also still sleeping,so I went and joined Hermione. We chatted for a bit about classes, She was very excited for Ancient Runes and Arithmacy. She was apparently also taking both Divination and Care of Magical Creatures as well as Muggle Studies. "Geez Hermione,how many subjects are you taking? I'm not an expert or anything but that seems like a lot. Why are you taking muggle studies?,you're muggle born you were literally raised by muggles,you already know everything about them,likely far more than even the teacher does." I questioned her. "I wanted to see what it's like through a wizard point view and what they know. I also couldn't choose with the others,so I decided to take everything."She said "Okay", I replied still not convinced this is a good idea. "Aren't you going to spread yourself too thin? some of these classes are even at the same time. You're going to burn yourself out." I told her, but she wouldn't listen. Ginny and Ella joined a while later. Luna is in the forest hanging out with the thestrals, and Astoria is probably still sleeping or trying to fix her hair. Harry and Ron also joined a little while later and we all chatted a bit and caught up.

After breakfast I went to Remus's office and knocked. He opened up and smiled "Good morning Lucine" He greeted. "Morning Remus" I greeted and went inside. He closed the door and we went and sat at his desk. "What would like to know?"He asked. "I assume you were friends with my parents, since you knew me as a baby correct?" I asked. "Yes, I was best friends with your father James since 1st year at Hogwarts, and I was there when both you and your brother were born." He told me. "Alright, now I have been having dreams or memories in the form of dreams about you nearly my entire life and they have become more vivid and frequent since last year,up until the moment we met, then they stopped, which is very strange and practically a miracle since I have not seen you since I was 4 months old and I cannot remember a single thing about my parents no matter how hard I try. How is that possible?, what kind of bond do I have with you that would make that possible?" I asked. He looked surprised at the news of my dreams/memories and also nervous, I wonder why. He inhaled a breath as if bracing himself and said "That would be because I am a werewolf and you are my mate. When we were born our souls were split in half and half went to the other person and when we are together our souls are complete. The dreams you have been having are memories and your soul's way of telling you that you need to be near me after we were separated. You were too young to remember me,but your subconscious did and it manifested in dreams. The dreams became  more vivid and frequent the older you got as your memory became longer and also the nearer the time came for us to meet again." He explained to me. I was a bit shocked, He was a werewolf and I was his mate. Well it doesn't really matter that he's a werewolf, they are generally not dangerous unless it's a full moon and Remus most certainly isn't. The mate part is definitely interesting and explains a lot. I found that I actually quite liked the idea of having a mate,sounds really special. "How do you feel about all of that, I know it must be a lot to take in?" Remus asked nervously "I think that it's really beautiful and definitely explains the dreams and I was so drawn to you. As for the werewolf part,I'm fine with it." I said. He looked immensely relieved at that it made me smile. "I want you to know that you have no obligation to me or to be with me ever. I do not expect anything from you, this is my burden to bear not yours, not that I am saying that you are a burden, just that it shouldn't be one for you." Remus continued. He was so was so sweet. I laughed slightly "Thanks Remus that means a lot, I highly doubt that I will be burdened by it. I would like to spend time with you and we can get to know each other and then we'll see how things go in a few years." I told him. He smiled and said " I would like that very much." "Okay then if we're going to be friends you can start calling me Lucy since Lucine is a mouthful, unless you prefer to call me that? It's why my mom named me Moonlight isn't it,because of you?" I asked him. He smiled and said "Yes it was, but I don't mind calling you Lucy if that's what you prefer." "You know when you were a baby my nickname for you was little Lunette, it means little moon." He said.  I laughed "Yeah I know,I remember." I said. We spent a few hours chatting, me telling him about my life and him telling me stories of him and my parents at school,and about me and Harry when we were babies. I could already tell that we're going to be fast friends