Meeting Lucine

Remus POV 

James and Lilly's second child was born a few days ago. It's a girl. Sirius and I are currently waiting in the living room for James and Lilly to bring her down so that we can meet her. After a few minutes James came down followed by Lilly, who was holding a small baby girl with a few tufts of James black hair. "who wants to meet her first?"asked Lily. Sirius volunteered immediately. Lilly placed her in Sirius arms and she cooed at him." what's her name?" Sirius asked with a smile.  "We haven't decided yet, we want her name to be special and meaningful." Lilly answered. After a few minutes Sirius handed her back to Lilly, then she came over to me and I looked down at her,but before Lilly could place her in my arms, the wolf inside me said Mate. I nearly fell over, I was horrified, I couldn't Imprint on James and Lilly's  infant daughter. Lilly and James saw my reaction and looked confused. "what's wrong mate?" James asked concerned. I hesitated for a second, how am I supposed to tell my Best friend that his new born daughter was my mate. What will he think of me. I thought. I knew that I had to tell him. " uh James your daughter is my mate." I answered hesitantly, ashamed of myself. I know that I can't control it, but that doesn't make it any less shameful. Everyone stood still for a moment shocked, Then Lilly smiled and said. "Remus that's wonderful, you found your mate, and now my daughter will always have someone to protect her and love her, we trust you Remus, you would never hurt her or do anything bad to her." Then she placed her in my arms. I was amazed at how well Lilly was taking this, she wasn't angry or upset but happy. It made me appreciate what a wonderful person Lilly really was. I looked nervously to James to see his reaction, I mean this is his baby girl he is bound to be protective of her, but he was also smiling and he wasn't angry at all. I was very surprised. He said" Lilly is right Remus you would never harm her, and besides now I don't have to worry about boys breaking her heart, because she will have you and I couldn't ask for a better man for my daughter to end up with. James said.  I was relieved that James wasn't mad at me. "Remus to prove that we are happy with this and accept that she is your mate we're naming her Lucine, it means moonlight." Lilly said. I was so greatful for James and Lilly being so accepting. I had the greatest friends in the world. Sirius then to break the tension, complained about the fact that I was going to be Lucine's favorite when she is older. That made all of us laugh. I sat on the couch with the little bundle in my arms that was looking up at me with her beautiful Ice blue eyes and i knew that I would kill anyone who tried to hurt my little Lunette. It's my nickname for her, it means little moon.