Chapter 2 - The truth

-NAYA-

Naya didn't have a driver's license, because she never needed one as Blue Ivy's manager would always drive her and the girls to different places. But since the manager wasn't driving around anymore, Naya would always have to ask someone to drive her. This time, it was no different. Changbin wasn't home, so Naya had to ask his sister instead. Fortunately, she was home.

People often asked Naya if she would ever get her license, but she would always give the same reply. No. The thought of even driving a car scared her. People on the road could be brutal and she didn't want to risk getting an anxiety attack. Luckily, everyone understood where she was coming from.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Naya had arrived in front of the company, thanking her Unnie for bringing her.

"Thank you, Unnie. But I planned on meeting up with Eunji after the meeting. It'll be great to be doing something outside the apartment."

When Naya messaged the group chat with her members about the meeting with the manager, the three wished her luck. And because Eunji would be at the company herself as she had a vocal lesson to attend, they would be meeting at the lobby.

Naya got out of the car and walked inside the building with. With her badge and key card in hand, she used the elevator up towards the level the manager had his office. For some strange reason, Naya was feeling a little nervous as it had been a while she saw him in person. What if he would be rude? Then again, why would he be mean to Naya?

As she arrived, Naya knocked on the door and waited for the group's manager to let him inside. Hearing his voice, she opened the door and bowed at him to greet him. Then she took a seat.

"Naya, I'm aware you want projects to work on. But right now, everyone is asking for the company's head-producers. We can't force them to choose you, you have to understand that."

The manager didn't give Naya time to speak first. As if he didn't really care about what she had to say. He seemed to have an answer already. Which gave Naya more reasons to despise the manager.

During her time with Blue Ivy, Naya never truly realized what type of person he actually was. Now, she wasn't even sure if the group got put on hiatus because of financial reasons. That didn't make sense to her anymore.

"Sir, with all my respect, but I don't feel like you and the company are even trying anymore to search for projects that I can do. Eunji Unnie has been working with the head-producers even though she specifically asked for me."

It was true. Eunji had mentioned this before. Whenever she asked the manager if she could record a new original song, she would request Naya to help her out. But they were always coming up with excuses, so Eunji ended up with someone else to work with.

Something Naya and the other members didn't really understand is that Eunji got the green light to release music. Meanwhile, Naya was forced to stay home.

"It's different with Eunji. She's working as an artist under the company. You're not even a licensed producer at this moment, so we can't really offer you many projects. We are trying our best to get you something to work on."

Naya got up from the seat upon hearing that. Right now, at that moment, she wished she didn't meet up with the group's manager at all. She found out the truth and it was a lot harder to deal with than not knowing the real reason behind everything.

"Thank you for your time." Naya left the office with a heavy feeling.

As she finished the meeting a lot sooner than she expected to, Naya would still have to wait for Eunji. The singer's vocal lessons weren't over yet, not for another 15 minutes. So, Naya decided to check her phone for a bit.

From ♡Bin♡
Good luck with your meeting, Na!

From NaBabe-♡
Thank you, I'm already done with it actually

From ♡Bin♡
Already?? Is everything alright?

From NaBabe-♡
I wish I could say the talk with the manger
helped, but it did nothing at all

But I don't want to talk about it right now

From ♡Bin♡
We'll talk tonight ♡

Naya was glad Changbin was understanding of her decision to not talk about it just yet. She needed more time to have it all sink in. Hopefully, tonight, she would be able to convey her feelings about the conversation with the manager. Although, Naya already knew she would have Changbin's full support no matter what.

Eventually, someone hugged her from behind. From the fragrance that was so familiar to Naya, she guessed it to be Eunji. She had finished her vocal lessons and finally had time to hang out with one of her best friends.

"How did it go?" The excitement in Eunji's voice faded away from Naya's sad expression.

"I just want to forget about it right now and enjoy your company." Fortunately, Eunji agreed as it had been a while since they have seen each other.

-CHANGBIN-

After he found out Naya didn't have a good talk with Blue Ivy's manager, the members quickly noticed Changbin's sudden change. He was worried about Naya. She believed that if she met up with the manager, she could fix the problems and finally get to work the way she deserved to. But everything backfired, instead.

So, once the group had finished all of their meetings regarding new music, he immediately headed home. His friends didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to him as he was already outside, heading to his car. He had bought it not that long ago, since it was easier for him.

As he finally got home and entered the apartment, Naya was cleaning up a little. Changbin took her by surprise and kissed her cheek. Not expecting the next few words leave her lips that he adored.

"I want to end my contract."