Chapter 9 - Hopeful

-NAYA-

Their anniversary plans had been finalized. They would leave to Daegu a day before the actually date. Because Changbin wasn't able to take a vacation for too long, they would stay three full days in her home town. Naya was just glad she would be able to leave Seoul for a bit.

Naya had an appointment with the lawyer. She was feeling nervous, scared that he wouldn't be able to help her escape the contract. Yet, if that wasn't possible, she was afraid that her friendship with Miyoung and Eunji would stay broken.

Fortunately, Yuri stayed out of it. Mainly because she wanted to focus on university rather than the drama. So Naya was happy Yuri reached out to her, inviting her to grab some lunch.

Naya would meet Yuri at this small restaurant where Blue Ivy had many lunches and dinners before. Hopefully, the memories she shared there with Miyoung and Eunji wouldn't come up in her mind. She wanted to have a great time with one of her friends.

"Unnie, I'm so happy to see you." Yuri came over to hug Naya, a small gesture that meant a lot to the rapper.

"I know you don't want to talk about everything that happened. I just want you to know that I don't believe the manager at all. And I'm hopeful our friends will realize that, too."

Naya thanked Yuri, who ended that part of the conversation. They weren't here to talk about the issues that were happening at all. Yuri wanted to have lunch with Naya so they could catch up a little. The younger one had been busy with university work and was in need of some rest, which the older understood.

After a delicious lunch and great conversations, Naya and Yuri went their separate ways. The Maknae wanted to study a little bit, so the older girl went back home. When she entered the apartment, Changbin was already home. She didn't expect him to be, but she didn't mind at all.

"How was your lunch?" Obviously, Changbin wanted to know if Naya had to deal with Yuri being mad at her as well, even if she didn't care about the whole situation.

"It went well, don't worry. We didn't even talk much about what's been going on, because Yuri didn't want to waste the precious time we had together."

Naya put down her bag and keys, letting herself fall down on the couch. She hadn't been sleeping much the past few nights, she was exhausted. She smiled when she could feel Changbin's hand going through her hair.

"Maybe you should take a nap." Naya let out a chuckle and closed her eyes.

And just like that, she fell asleep on the couch.

-CHANGBIN-

When he suggested to Naya that she should take a nap, Changbin didn't expect her to fall asleep immediately. Since he didn't want his girlfriend to be comfortable on the couch, he carefully picked her up to bring her to bed.

Changbin was feeling grateful that Yuri was at least willing to ignore the drama and focus on her friendship with Naya. He didn't want his girlfriend to suffer any longer, so he hoped the lawyer would fix everything fast. He wanted everyone to go on with their lives.

At least they would leave Seoul for a while very soon. That way Naya would ignore everything that was happening and just focus on their second anniversary in her hometown of Daegu.

While Naya was having a nap, catching up on her sleep, Changbin decided to visit his sister for a while. He didn't want to accidentally wake up Naya, because she needed rest. Fortunately, his sister was home and allowed him inside.

"Where's Naya?" When his sister figured out he came alone, she immediately wanted to know where Naya was.

"She just came home from having lunch with Yuri and fell asleep on the couch."

The two siblings talked a bit about Naya and the whole situation at the company. They quickly changed topics when Changbin brought up they would go to Daegu very soon. And how they would visit Naya's parents when they were there.

Eventually, Changbin went back home when Naya messaged him, asking him where he went. He didn't want to leave Naya alone as she would be meeting the lawyer very soon. And he wanted to come along, to be there to support her.

If luck was by their side, they would finally find out a way on how to get back at Blossom Entertainment and the manager.

**NOTE**

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to continue with this story. So, I'm sorry the time between updates is very long nowadays. This might even be the last time I'll post a chapter this year. But, I'll definitely post more next year!

Also, a quick note, covid finally got to me. At first I thought it was a cold, but it turned out not to be. I went to the doctor yesterday and I gotta stay home this week from work. Hopefully, next week I can go since it'll be the last week before winter break. And I would hate it not being there.