Chapter 5 - Princess

-CHANGBIN-

It had been a few days since Naya had a fight with her friends. Changbin could tell she was struggling a lot with it. The four girls had always been so close and never fought the way they just did. Of course, he was taking his girlfriend's side. But he could understand why the other girls weren't so happy with Naya's decision of leaving the group.

All this time, Changbin didn't let the Stray Kids members know what's been going on with Naya. He had been able to pretend everything was fine and that Naya was happy, doing what she loved. However, the fight between Naya and the other Blue Ivy members had been on his mind a lot. He wished he could help her in any way.

"If you and Naya were having a fight, you would tell us right?" Chan was the first one to realize something strange was going on.

"We're fine, Hyung. I'm already thinking of ways to celebrate our second anniversary." Fortunately, Changbin never really got into fights with Naya.

"That's good to hear. It's just, you've been quiet lately. And we all know how loud you can be."

If he actually would be in a fight with Naya, Changbin would be even more quite than he was right now. He would most likely not speak to anyone at all and make sure to be alone most of the time. But if the two were having little arguments, they would always make up the same day.

"There's just some stuff happening. I'm not sure if Naya would like it if I tell anyone right now. Not until things have calmed down." He would love to tell his friends, but Changbin never asked Naya if he could tell any of them.

"I'm sure she won't mind." Perhaps Chan had a point, because Naya wouldn't want Changbin to keep it all in and end up struggling himself.

"Naya wants to leave Blue Ivy."

-NAYA-

At times, Naya enjoyed having the apartment to herself. Right now though, she wanted some company. It wasn't like she could message the Blue Ivy group chat, because the three girls didn't want to listen to her right now. They only wanted to talk in the hopes to change Naya's mind, so she wouldn't leave the group.

However, no matter how much she wanted someone to be around, she didn't expect to have anyone visit her. So, when the doorbell ring, she had a look at the video screen to see her parents in the hallway.

"Eomma! Appa!" Naya was shocked to see them in Seoul, if they would visit then they would have definitely told her.

"We wanted to surprise our daughter with a visit! How are you doing, sweetie?" She let her parents inside, offering them a drink which they declined.

"Awful, I guess. Don't worry, Changbin and I are fine but work isn't going so well. The company hasn't given me any projects to work on for a few weeks."

Naya was very grateful her parents had decided to surprise her with a visit. She missed them a lot whenever she wasn't heading to Daegu to visit them. So, to see them in Seoul after months of only phone calls and video calls, made Naya happy again.

Before Naya left her hometown to pursue a career in music, her parents always tried to be supportive of her. They weren't like Yuri's parents at all. However, they did warn her not to keep her hopes up high because it all could come crash down. Which is exactly what is happening now.

"And I've had time to think about different options. So, I'm going to end my contract in order to move on with my life."

Naya's parents couldn't stay long as they had to go back to the hotel they were staying at. For the first night, they wanted to have dinner with just the two of them at the restaurant of the hotel. They left their daughter the name of the hotel and their hotel room number.

While Naya checked the comments of the make-up video where she followed a tutorial on camera, a notification from the group chat popped up on her phone screen. Naya really didn't want to deal with this, yet decided to see what was going on. Maybe Eunji finally figured out that the manager had been lying to her.

From lillilli
Unnie, are you still mad at us?

From NaYaNana
I wouldn't say I'm mad at anyone right now,
if I'm honest

I am more disappointed and annoyed

From jjennjji
Naya, we might not know how you truly
feel about it all but we can come up with
something else instead of you leaving
Blue Ivy

Maybe all four of us can try talking to
our manager?

From eMMieiMMe
Yes, this doesn't have to be the end
of Blue Ivy

From NaYaNana
Unnies, I understand you both want to do
anything to keep the group together but I
won't change my mind

I'm not happy anymore at Blossom Ent.

From lillilli
Please Unnie, can you just think about it?

From NaYaNana
I've made my decision

-EUNJI-

Feeling defeated, Eunji grabbed her stuff and left the studio she was able to use at the company. She had been practicing this new song they had been working for her. She loved it and was looking forward to release it.

But right now, she wanted to see if the manager had some free time. Eunji wanted to hear his side of the situation. Especially since she had been wondering if they were aware Naya wanted to quit. As the leader of Blue Ivy, she would do anything to keep the group together. No matter what it takes. She wasn't scared of a little fight.

As Eunji was heading towards the office, the manager did as well. He immediately let her inside, guessing this was an important matter.

"There's something I've been wondering about. I wanted to know if you were aware that Naya has been thinking about leaving Blue Ivy?" From the way the manager looked at her, Eunji could tell he didn't know at all.

"She told you that?" The manager seemed like he didn't want to believe at first.

"Naya told us in person. We've tried to change her mind, but she's convinced that you and the company don't want her anymore." Eunji was hoping to find out the truth.

For many reasons, Eunji wanted to be on Naya's side. They had been friends for so long and have known each other's secrets for years. In a way, they were family. Eunji didn't want anything to get in between it.

"That's not true at all. We care a lot about her. But every time we give her projects to work on, well, she just declines it all." Eunji sighed, because this wasn't something she wanted to hear.

"The truth is, she acts like she's a princess who wants everything done her way. And if she doesn't, well, you see what's happening already."

Eunji didn't know what to say, however, she was convinced now that Naya had been lying to them this whole time.