3 ; IN YOUR MIND

"She's not a threat nor problem. Back off you piece of shit"

Y/n slightly widened her eyes, as the girl slowly put Y/n down. Y/n dusted her collar, clearing her throat. "May I ask, are you Alhaitham's fans or something?" Y/n asked politely. Alhaitham watched the whole situation - mostly on Y/n. In Alhaitham's mind, he thought of Y/n, if she didn't change and this scenario happened. He thought of Y/n sulking and pouting at them. Saying 'Violence is not an answer!!' Alhaitham let out a small unconscious laugh.

The girls and Y/n looked at him confused. Y/n tilted her head at Alhaitham. "A-Ah. Sorry." He cleared his throat, getting serious again. But he's still focused on Y/n. After the situation ended, Alhaitham insisted on walking Y/n home. He didn't what was he thinking. He was still quite embarrassed because of the unconscious laugh earlier. Is it because of Y/n in his head? Alhaitham shook his head. What the hell is going on with me? Alhaitham thought.

They arrived in Y/n's house. Awkward silence started to lurk in the atmosphere. "U-Um..." Y/n's face started to heat up a little. "Thank you for earlier. And now." Y/n said. Alhaitham softened. From Y/n's perspective, she was a bit shocked at Alhaitham. She never saw him softened, or do this kind of deed. Y/n, who was spaced out, snapped out by Alhaitham. Alhaitham handed a piece of paper and half of the notes they wrote together during class. Y/n gently took the paper and the notes. She stared at it for a while, her eyes weren't dead like years ago. It was a pretty one. Her eyes were illuminated by the full moon. They stood in front of each other for a while, slightly cherishing the moment.

What's wrong with me?

What's this feeling in my chest?

Those are probably the first questions they have ever thought in their mind. They parted ways, as Y/n entered the house and Alhaitham walked away to his own home. Y/n was greeted by his little brother, who is currently in grade school. "N/n!" Her brother jumped on her, as Y/n playfully groaned in pain. Y/n slightly smiled. "You cheeky kid." She pinched his cheeks, playing around for a while.

In Alhaitham Residence, he groaned in bed, muffling. He was thinking about a certain girl. And yes - it is Y/n. Alhaitham groaned in annoyance. It has been only the first day, he seems to be amused and interested in Y/n. For years, Alhaitham pretended to be careless about her, but it seems like his heart seems to miss her dearly. In his mental state, he wanted to ignore her. But he couldn't. He kept thinking about it over and over. 

Back at Y/n's Residence, Y/n also thought of the fact that Alhaitham seemed to care about her. Alhaitham groaned again, as he squished his face to his pillow. He stood up in a flash, getting ready for dinner. He took a warm shower, his body relaxing. As if his thoughts were washed away down the drain. When he was done, exiting the bathroom, Kaveh barged into his room. In Kaveh's perspective, Alhaitham is shirtless, only wearing a pair of sweatpants. "Wear a shirt weirdo." Alhaitham rolled his eyes. "Do you not know how to knock?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Never mind that. They released the partners for next week's dorms." Kaveh showed his iPad, and in a blink it was already in Alhaitham's hands. Kaveh sighed, as he peeked at the iPad.

"Your partner is..." Kaveh trailed his eyes all over the iPad, finding Alhaitham's name. "Oh wow.." Kaveh exclaimed, but shocked. Alhaitham widened his eyes, speechless and pissed off. He growled in annoyance as he knocked on the pillow. "Calm down, talk about it with the dorm arranger," Kaveh said. Why am I even reassuring this dude? Kaveh thought. Kaveh grabbed his iPad back, scrolling through the list. "Interesting. My roommate is Suoh." Alhaitham turned his head to Kaveh. "Who's that?" Kaveh laughed, and then stopped "Seriously?! He was Y/n's buddy when she was in grade school!" Kaveh bonked his head, earning a groan from Alhaitham.

In each of their nights, it went well. As they went to their own bed, they thought about each other. Y/n blushed, as Alhaitham heated up at the thought of it. Alhaitham wonders, if he hadn't said the words to her years ago, would it be different? Would it be the same? His mind went through miles as he thought of it. A picture of Y/n flashed through his mind. He shook his head. Kaveh on the other hand, is sleeping peacefully like a sleeping beauty.

NEXT DAY, 6:30 AM

Alhaitham stood up, and got ready for his daily habit. For some reason, his heart was thumping as if it was really excited to see someone. And it was indeed the reason. Alhaitham went down, wearing his school coat as Kaveh yawned, "Mornin'" Kaveh said, as Alhaitham responded with a nod. They both went together to school. On the way, they encountered the one and only Y/n. In a blink, Kaveh is nowhere in Alhaitham's sight. "That bastard..." Alhaitham murmured, he didn't notice Y/n, who was already standing in front of Alhaitham. 

"I haven't talked to Kaveh in years. He ran away hm?" Y/n let out a small chuckle. "First time I've heard you chuckle in years." Alhaitham pointed out, Y/n swore that she saw him smiling. Alhaitham looked around, but no sign of Kaveh. He completely disappeared out of thin air. "Let's walk together?" Y/n blurted out of nowhere. Alhaitham hesitated to say yes. Here goes nothing... Alhaitham thought. He nodded in response.

They quietly walked together, side-by-side. Without even noticing, both of their hearts started thumping like crazy. Why is my heart thumping?! They thought in unison. Y/n took a deep breath, as she calmed down - just a little. The atmosphere wasn't as stoic and intense as before, it was quite calming in their perspectives. The only thing they could hear was their own steps and birds chirping in trees. Alhaitham cleared his throat to grab Y/n's attention as they were close to the main gate. "You should cover your ears."

"Huh?"

And then, a hoard of girls started to swarm the gray-headed boy. They squealed as if they hadn't seen him for centuries. Y/n covered her ears, annoyed at the girls. For a while, she started to panic. Alhaitham noticed it but didn't know why she was panicking. he went to her and then...

He put on his headphones to her ears. I'm falling in love. The song gently blasted through Y/n's ears, as she looked at Alhaitham. Alhaitham looked at her with worry and a hint of affection. Love so fine. Alhaitham's headphones in Y/n's ears continued to blast in her ears. They looked at each other, as if time stopped. Alhaitham gently removed the half-headphone in her ear, slowly leaning to her free ear. He whispered;

"Don't worry. I'm here."

. . .

\ 1171 words /

got carried away on writing... shhs btw listen to "Love so fine" its so good asf