10 ; FRUSTRATION

it was a loooong kiss. Y/n seemed like she didn't want to pull away, she remained in shock. After a few seconds, Alhaitham pulled away. He was still heating up from the thing he did, cursing himself for that. He was about to speak up, but she was already gone without a sound. Alhaitham's heart cracked. She didn't like the kiss... he looked down at the book, that was on the floor. He leaned down on it, grabbing it harshly. He clenched his book, and went to his room. Shutting himself in. For the rest of the night, neither of them went out. They didn't eat dinner.

5 DAYS LATER

Since that day, she avoided him. And he avoided her. Every time that they would see each other, they never let out a peep or say something. It was a pain for Alhaitham's heart. But he had to accept reality and gulp down his pride to not say anything to Y/n. Meanwhile, with Y/n, she seemed unfazed from 5 days ago, deep inside she wasn't sure if he meant that kiss. Especially when he didn't say anything yet. Both of them were thinking of different thoughts, yet they were flustered, the more they thought about it. At the end of the day, they both started giving each other mixed signals unconsciously every single day.

"Seo-senpai... what happened to them?" Kaveh asked his 1-year senior, Seo. Both of them started to hang out more often, some students called them "the gossip duo". Well, both of them talk a lot about other people. And other shit that they laugh about. Seo shrugged, concerned for Y/n and Alhaitham. She leaned on the bench, crossing her arms. "Honestly, I don't know," Seo responded with a low tone. "Shouldn't we ask Alhaitham?" she let out a 'pfft'. "Since when did you care for him?" She chuckled, while Kaveh furrowed his eyebrows. "I...I don't care for that annoying bastard." He huffed, replying to her. 

"This is just a hunch but... don't you think that they didn't fight?" Seo pointed out. "Huh?" Kaveh's mind going in circles about her comment. "They both fight a lot, but they make up anyway. So... it must be something more." He snapped his fingers, giving an 'oh!' to her. "I think I have an idea about it.." Seo said. "Alhaitham brought up her grandmother again...?" Kaveh slapped his forehead, groaning. "No... maybe it's about... food?!" he yelled, but not too loud. "Nonono! Maybe it's about academics?!" They both 'argued' about what would possibly the reason would be. It took them 2 hours, but no final answer.

Meanwhile, with Y/n, she was thinking. You guessed it. It's about Alhaitham. Ever since that day, it got her into thinking; why would he kiss her so suddenly? Is he trying to play with her?  Does he like me too? is it mutual feelings?  Her mind was filled with overwhelming questions, and questioning ones. She was curious. But she decided to wait for Alhaitham's move. Little did she know, Alhaitham wasn't planning to explain. He was also waiting for Y/n, to speak up about that day. He was currently alone outside, watching people chatter and chatter.

They both sighed in unison.

It was almost home time, Alhaitham swallowed up his pride and decided to talk to her. He waited for her at the exit, thinking about what to say. As he thought about it over and over, he finally heard a familiar voice. He was about to call her, but his heart dropped when he saw Y/n, hugging Renzo. He slowly put down his hand in frustration and anger. He stayed composed as usual. He studied his shoes, clenching his fists inside his pockets. How dumb could I be? She couldn't possibly forgive me for the thing i have done before in the past. This is fucking reality. Alhaitham thought, going away. Y/n noticed some footsteps, it was Alhaitham. She noticed anger and frustration in his eyes.

As if it's in slow-motion, Alhaitham pulled away Y/n from Renzo's embrace. Renzo noticed hope and anger in his eyes and decided to let it slide. From the start, he already knew that both of them would be something more than just enemies and friends. In a flash, Renzo was gone. Right before she was pulled away from Alhaitham. "H-Huh?" She furrowed his eyebrows. He took a deep breath. "Let's talk. Please." He tightened his grip on her wrist, but not too hard. Y/n hesitated to say yes. The thought of him giving an excuse to her from that day hurts her. She decided to accept the fate that was coming. She was ready to be hurt. 

But, Alhaitham is going to say something more than hurting her.

. . .

/ 806 words \

This is short i'm sowwy (uwu) ok anyways ty for the views AND THE RANKING EXCUSE ME AHHWJAJA AAAHHHHHHHHH