Chit-Chat in the Cafe

•°*"˜.•°*"˜Jisungie has my number...•°*"˜.•°*"˜

.
.
.
.

HYUNJIN POV:

After I pointed out the camera's, the three maknae began gaining suspicion. I sighed and leaned back in my seat, crossing my legs and they processed everything.

"Do you think their watching us or Felixie?" Jeongin spoke out, eyeing me.

"Felix. Definitely Felix." I told them with no hesitation. "That host kept looking up at the corner of the room."

"That's kind of scary..." Jeongin whispered out, scooting closer to the wall.

It didn't make sense. Was there management problems? Did the manager had trust issues? Was the manager abusive? Why were they so nervous? Why were they so happy? Why did it look fresh? What was going on?

The door opened gently as Felix walked in, setting the drinks down on the table and leaning on the table with a grin. "So Jisungie~ how are you?"

"Good. I'm glad I saw you at the sto-" Jisung was forced to a stop by Felix pressing his hand on his mouth. I held in a laugh.

Once the blonde registered his actions he retreated, "Let's just, not talk about that. uhm... Sorry. But how's the others?" He said awkwardly, standing up straight.

"They're good."I responded, smiling kindly at Felix who looked at me nervously. "How have you been? Busy with work?"

"Mid. I love my job, a lot." His flicked up the the corner of the room then towards the other three, "Well, try your drinks! Let me know if their good! I think our mixologists are really good at this stuff."

"How do they even know what to make?" Seungmin asked in curiosity, which was a genuine good question to ask.

"Well, I kind of just describe my impression of the person and they make a drink they think matches the description." He smiled brightly, "All it takes a little creativity~"

"Mh..."

"How does one get a job here?" Jisung wondered, which made the blonde shake his head with a kind grin.

"I'm sure you already have a lovely job. Even though I think you'd be a great fit, the customers can really be mean." He eased, patting Ji's hair kindly.

"Oh... Well how long have you been working here anyways?" Jisung replaced his past question, wanting to know some stuff about Felix.

"Mh... If it's 2022 right now.... Then about seven years." He grinned.

I watched the three youngest interact with Felix, seeing any time they tried to ask about the ins and outs of the restaurant, he kept redirecting it with another question. The most he talked the more suspicious I became. It was usually easy to learn how to get hired at a place or if they were interested, the waiter usually would try to give as much information as possible. But Felix seemed to not want them to be interested. I didn't know what to think.

"What fun things do you do for work?"

"I'm a baker. We have a small bakery all of us and I'm the owner of it officially, but all of the boys try to pitch in when they can." Jeongin expressed, talking about our popular sweet treat store.

"A librarian. I like to organize the books after they get turned in. It's fun to go on hunts for their right spots." The second youngest flaunted, taking a sip of his drink, "We all have our own jobs really, but the bakery is like a part time thing."

"Ah, okay. Makes sense." Felix nodded, looking at Jisung who laughed.

"Honestly, I majority work at the bakery with Innie but I'm also a song writer so when I have time, I like making lyrics for some people." Jisung told. I smiled at his passion.

"I'm a bartender at a local bar. It's actually just down the street from here so you might see me on my lunch break, blondie~" my words weren't nessicarily supposed to be flirtatious, but it was natural for me at this point, so I didn't notice it came off as flirting until after I said it. Whoops.

"You all have cool jobs, but Jisungie, who do you write lyrics for?" He asked, genuinely interested in Jisung more than any of us.

"God, I got your number yet you aren't saying anything to me." I played, putting a hand on my chest as if I was hurt.

Felix raised an eyebrow, "Jisungie has my number. And sorry, Hyunjin-ssi, but Jisungie is my therapist now so good luck." After he said that, he put a hand to his mouth, as if he said something wrong. He looked up at the camera, and then I glanced over at it. A light blinked blue.

"I... I have to go. I think your food is ready. Sorry. I'll be back soon." The blonde rushed out, leaving the four of us in quiet suspicion.

"It's a code."

(A/n:

Forced myself through this. God idk why but this book is so difficult but I love it and hate it at the same thing wtf.

Hope y'all like it ig.

Bye bye)