Loss and Drive

(To JJ27582636263 )

˜"*°•.˜"*°•This case is closed. Both parties will be escorted out.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

.
.
.
.

MINHO POV:

Gasps and surprise came from everyone in the court room. Hyunjin continued.

"My boyfriend didn't even have that much money. His cards were maxed out, credit damaged, and reputation ruined. He was fired and silenced. That day, when he was fired, Baejin hit my boyfriend on the corner of his mouth."

"Is there any evidence, Mr. Hwang?"

"Yes. I have pictures of my boyfriend's face. I will only present this information to the judge. If these photos are shown to anyone else, I will press legal charges." Hyunjin said, standing from the podium and moved to Chan and Felix where he grabbed an iPad and showed the judge. The judges eyes met mine as he nodded. He turned to the lawyer.

"Next testimony."

•••

Four hours later, the jury came to a conclusion.

The judge received the votes and counted them all up. Everyone was on the edge of their chair. My hand was interlocked with Seungmin and Changbin's. Seungmin and Jeongin were close, at each others' hip. Jisung was clung to Changbin's waist, holding him tightly. Everyone was incredibly nervous.

The air in the court room was tense. Even the judge seemed nervous.

Chan and Felix, in front of us, glanced back at us and seemed frightened. Felix's hand was squeezing tightly onto Chan's arm. He leaned over to whisper something in his ear.

My stomach was churning as I turned away from them. My eyes were burning with tears forming as Baejin's eyes stared into mine. He gave me a confident wink and he mouthed words to me. My head was pounding. Even though I was sitting, I felt like I was about to lose balance.

"I feel sick..." I whispered to Changbin. The younger held me tighter at my words, staring directly at the judge. He understood what I went through. He was with him at one point, but Hyunjin left out the part where Jeongin and Changbin were also apart of this scandal. They both explained they didn't wish the take part in the case and would rather have one person speak up for the both of them. Hyunjin did.

I watched as the judge opened his mouth to speak.

•••
FELIX POV:

My hands were shaking. My knees were weak. Chan had a hand on my thigh. It wasn't comforting. I pulled away from his hand, instead grabbing his arm and holding him tight. His eyes caught my panicked ones.

I was afraid of perjury. It would be false, but they could still accuse me of it. Chan was nervous too. His knee was shaking up and down. I heard the gentle pats of his shoe hitting the ground.

This made me more nervous.

I suddenly felt Chan's breath on my neck, "If we win, I'll take everyone on a month long vacation, you know, to get a little debrief."

My heart rate spiked. I glanced over at him, as he moved back to his original spot, a small smirk on his face. A grin moved to my lips as I stared at the man at the front od the room. The murmurs coming from everyone died down as the judge exhaled into his microphone.

"This evening, this was an unusual case. An abuse, theft, disorderly conduct, and battery charge turned widely known. But, the jury has spoken."

The tension in the air grew.

  "Mr. Baejin has been deem guilty for his crimes and has been sentences to 14 years in prison for domestic abuse. Added to that, we have the charge for disorderly conduct of 2 years and a 30,000₩ fine. Then 26 years for aggravated battery and a fine of 1,000₩. Along with the act of perjury, Mo Baejin is facing 53 years in prison with a fine of 450,000₩ and a bail of 700,000₩."

My grip on Chan tightened as I let out a breath of relief. He smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. I could feel the silence lift of the tension as I heard Baejin begin to shout.

"This is bullshit!" He screamed, "I am a wealthy man! I shouldn't be treated this poorly! Those men are sluts, whores! They're disgusting!"

Baejin stood up and began to make a ruckus. I stared at him, seeing police officers detain him. I gave him a look as his face was panicked.

"You- you little wrench." He spat at me, flexing in my direction, but unable to move from the four policemen around him, "You'll regret this. Fuck you all!!!"

I turned my back to him and gave Chan a long and sturdy hug. My eyes turned to Minho who was laughing with Changbin and Seungmin. I couldn't see Hyunjin, Jeongin or Ji, but I knew they were probably extremely happy.

"Thank God..." I mumbled into his ear, as the judge said some mindless things in the background, "Thank you. Thank you."

"Anything." I heard Chan's voice drift off before he added, "Thank Minho and Hyunjin too."

"Of course."