CHP 2: New life

Nikki woke up to such an odd setting. The ceiling was far too fancy for her mother to afford and no hospital has this kind of architecture.

"I am sure that I died but this doesn't seem to be a hospital"

"My voice! Nikki was suddenly surprised by the change of her voice that she didn't notice a woman talking to her.

"Ethea you are finally awake! Said by the woman.

"Ethea? Asked Nikki and the woman answered "Yes! Ethea are you alright? you finally awoken after a week of sleeping.

The woman kept on talking but Nikki couldn't hear what she was saying for she was too focused staring on the mirror at her side.

It seemed to be that the reflection in the mirror is showing herself but she couldn't believe it! she was shocked to see such a beautiful person. The person in the mirror is too gorgeous and elegant almost as if it were a living doll, she had lush green hair, red brownish eyes with long eyelashes and rosy cheeks.

"Such ethereal beauty! Nikki said in her thoughts

"This is not possible why am I in a different body?!?!

Nikki then noticed the woman talking to her had the same features with the body she is in right now. She then realized the situation she was in.

She had died when she fell down the building and somehow got transmigrated into this body. Nikki remembered the stories she had read about people going to a different world or body when they die and they act like they lost their memories so people won't find their actions strange.

That is what Nikki is planning to do but somehow words couldn't come out her mouth, she just sat in the bed frozen, thinking about the people she had left in her past life although her mother and sister were not close to her as they were before she held those happy memories in her heart dearly so she was very sad that she could not see them again. Nikki started crying and the woman panicked and called for servants to somehow help her but for Nikki their help didn't matter at all as she also remembered a dear friend she had in school, they might not have been friends anymore since she distanced her self from him when she was getting bullied to prevent her friend for also getting bullied, still she really cared for her friend.

Suddenly the woman embraced Nikki and spoke to her.

"Ethea do not worry for your mother is right here. "Whatever you are feeling right now, you should let it all out and I'll be here by your side.

"Mother? Nikki asked and started crying even more for she finally felt compassion after a long time.

Her cry's then last for a few more moments then all the servants were excused to go out.

The woman turned out to be Ethea's mother the late duchess Visyell.

 Since Nikki seemed to appear like she did not know what the people were talking about, they finally got along with the fact that Ethea has lost her memories after falling from the balcony. All the people left the room and so did her mother after giving her a good night kiss.

                                                                       -❁✿❁-

It has been a week since Nikki got transmigrated but she had not yet went outside the room, not even once. People kept entering and exiting the room except for Nikki.

She was huddled in a blanket thinking about her past life and only kept crying but one day she finally got the courage to walk out of the room for she realized dwelling on her past life is useless since she is already dead in that world and that she will never be able to go back there. This new life is a chance for her to be better than she was in her past life.

While Nikki stayed in the room for weeks she had gathered information about Ethea.

Ethea is the first daughter and second born child of the Duke and Duchess of Visyell, she has an older brother which his name is still unknown to her and a little sister named Erica. The former Duke passed away and her brother is the successor hence he is now the current Duke.

"Visyell? Where have I heard the name Visyell?

Nikki kept on trying to remember but somehow she could never recall where she had heard that name.

Finally, Nikki stepped outside of the room and was astonished to see such beautiful architecture and details that cannot be seen on modern buildings.

"I never thought I would ever see something like this", she said on a low tone.

Nikki kept walking amazed by the paintings because of how beautiful they are. As Nikki walk through the halls she suddenly heard footsteps getting louder as she continues walking, a young girl with the same green hair and red eyes came running straight to Nikki. She did not realize that and kept walking causing them to bump into each other and fall to the ground.

"Ouchy! Said the little girl.

Nikki then knew by the looks of the girl that she was her sister Erica. Nikki wanted to squeal and squeeze Erica because she thought that Erica looked so cute.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you sister!" said Erica.

"Aw it's alright" Nikki said with a smile.

"Are you going somewhere Erica?"

"Indeed I am!" "I'll be going to your library"

"I have a library? Nikki asked.

"Of course you do!"

Erica then took her elder sisters hand and started running to lead her to the library.

Erica started smiling and laughing. Nikki noticed it and she also couldn't stop smiling.

She remembered how Rika used to do this too. 

They finally arrived at the library and Nikki was lost for words. There were so many books she had never seen numerous books all together in the same place.

"This is like a dream!" Nikki said in her thoughts.

Since the library was too big Nikki and Erica had split up to go find the books they were looking for.

Nikki had noticed a section in the library where they display the history of the Empire, she had realized that she wasn't aware of the place that she is in. Nikki briefly examined the section for a book to read when she saw the name of the Empire on one of the book titles, she immediately took it.

"Astiane"

"Astiane...."

Nikki gasped, the book fell down to the floor and she just stood there in shock.

"I can't believe it"

She just had realized that the world that she is in is a world of fiction, as well as the novel she had just read the day she had died.

"The lovely Liziane ".