CHP 10: The temple of the Goddess Arizel

Rumors were circulating about Liziane, the prince's lover and Ethan, the duke that they were seen eating together on a restaurant as if they were on a date. Those rumors were quickly put aside and was covered up by another rumor that was circulating around the empire and it also reached some neighboring countries.

The rumors were about Ethea and Zion, and that they were recently spotted together a lot of times, and since at the ball, the prince and the lady frequently danced and talked to each other. People gossiped and had thoughts about them like if they were dating or just merely friends.

Those rumors of course, reached Ethea's ears but she couldn't care less about it.

Ethea was sat down on a couch at her study room and was reading a romance book.

Books were the only thing that's left from the things she liked from her past life as she enjoyed reading very much both past and present life.

While Ethea reads into the book, the study room's door suddenly burst open.

Itzel and Ethan came into the room panicked.

"Ethea how could you do this to your own mother!" Itzel came running towards Ethea while bawling her eyes out.

Ethea being confused quickly placed the book down and asked her mother.

"What did I do mother?" Ethea asked as she blinked many times.

"You had a secret- well not so secret relationship with prince Theodore!" Ethan shouted and then pouted angrily.

Ah I see. The rumors had reached their ears too, but how could they believe those baseless rumors!

"Those are nothing but rumors mother and brother! It is not true at all!"

"I am not in a relationship with Zion!" Ethea shook her head.

"But you guys are even calling each other in nicknames now!" Ethan said and Itzel nodded in agreement.

"You idiot!" "Zion is still the prince's name it's not a nickname!" Ethea threw a pillow from the couch towards Ethan.

"And besides, Zion calls me Ethea it is also not a nickname, but other than that we are nothing but friends." Ethea stated.

After seeing how Ethea reacted and how she denied the rumors, Ethan and Itzel believed Ethea.

Ethea was sitting and Itzel crouched down to her level then held on both of her hands.

"Ethea." She began to speak.

"If you do ever find yourself a lover, I hope you would not hide it from your family."

"We will support you no matter what." Itzel smiled.

Ethea smiled back and had a sudden thought. She wanted to tease her brother and mother.

"Even if they were a peasant?" Ethea asked.

Both Ethan's and Itzel's eyes opened widely and was dumbfounded from Ethea's question.

"If that person would be able to give you a nice life, then I will let you go." Itzel hugged Ethea.

"Mother?!" Ethan shouted.

" Now now, did I not tell her I would support whatever she does?" Itzel smiled at Ethan and had left the study room.

Suddenly, Ethea placed her head on Ethan's shoulder and began speaking.

"My, would you not let me go out with a commoner?" Ethan jumped for he was surprised.

"Stop doing that!" He scratched his head and said to Ethea.

"But of course, if mother approves then so will I." After Ethan had said that, he also exited the study room.