Chapter 6: The ball

The day of the ball have finally arrived. Everyone was anticipating for the presence of the foreign prince.

On one of the rooms in the Visyell manor, there stood a beauty *cough *cough Ethea. She is getting dressed for the ball that will be taking place in about an hour.

*Ack! Ethea flinched.

As of now, Ethea is in a war with her maids. They are trying to put on the corset on Ethea but she keeps on running and she just won't surrender!

"My lady this is for your own good!" Mia, one of her maids shouted.

A gleam of light flashed through Claire's eyes showing her willingness to put on the corset on her lady.

The maids just won't budge won't they?

Ethea sighed in defeat.

But it was worth it now that Ethea had finished dressing up, she could see how beautiful she is.

"A beautiful blue dress with white and gold laces and a beautiful diamond, pearl necklace just fit for a beautiful lady like me!" Ethea's narcissism is showing.

"Oh my! These waists are too thin, how am I breathing?!" Ethea had thought

At these times where she is reminded of the beauty her body is, she remembers that she is not Ethea.

She sighed once more.

"Sister you look beautiful!" Erica ran up to her sister.

Ethea's mood was about to go bad but how lucky, her sister came!

"Erica!"

Ethea crouched to give her little sister a hug. Behind them was Ethan leaning on a wall, and then he slowly approached his two sisters. He reached out his hands to both of them, escorting his two sisters to the carriage.

Wait... Isn't Ethea and Erica's partner supposed to escort them? Well, Ethea's partner will be her brother. What about Erica? Though an escort is needed when one is invited to a ball, Erica won't be needing one since she is still a young lady.

After the incident where the carriage was ambushed, more knights were brought along side for protection.

Now inside the carriage, it had been about twenty-five minutes since they had left but Ethea had just realized that her mother is not on the carriage with them. It seemed like she was lost in her thought for a while. Confused by not seeing her mother she decided to ask her siblings.

"Why is mother not with us?" "Wasn't she invited to the ball?"

"Of course she was, but knowing that you had lost your memories you might not know the reason why mother is not here." Ethan responded.

Ethea was suddenly annoyed and gave out a face that when you look at it you could tell what it meant.

Why don't you tell me? Is what her face says.

Erica had noticed that and wanted to laugh.

"Let me make you recall your memories sister!" Erica said in a happy tone.

"Since father had died, mother decided not to attend any events other than birthday parties from close relatives or family friends."

"But" Ethan added.

"Mother always supports and helps us when it comes to events and we always come in her stead."

"I see." Ethea said with a relaxed face.

The carriage was suddenly filled with awkward silence. Ethea could only lean on the carriage window and watch the surroundings as her way of entertainment from the boredom inside the carriage.